- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, January 13

Fifteen Years



When we first met is still debatable, but we obviously met. He says it was at our ward dance, I say it was in sacrament{I am sure I am right}. We really didn't talk much the first year we knew each other. The next year we ended up in the same FHE group. I dated one of the other guys in the group and didn't give Skip a second thought. Then summer came at BYU, yes the season of love. We started "hanging out" Code at BYU for dating without having to go anywhere; to be fair we were hanging out with a small group of other ward members. We began spending time in the hammock outside his apt{rumors began to fly} The Elders Quorum Pres. with the girl with the ever changing hair and bright red lips{hey if you've got an asset I say take advantage of it}, Anyway, one long talking night in the hammock after another and soon we were an item, although we fervently denied all claims. When the guy I was dating came back for fall semester I had pretty well decided to date just Skip{If you snooze you loose, Don't go home in the summer from BYU to much can happen in three months} Skip's sister Kim fixed him up with some nice, cute girl from SLC. When he came home he decided he had found the one. ME! We went home to Page AZ to meet his family for his sister's Michelle missionary farewell. The next week we decided to go to the temple to do a session, we did this quite often. After the session in the celestial room Skip proposed. I being the realist that I am or can sometimes be, responded something to the effect of " let's put the ring away for a minute and let me tell you what you're asking me: It's ten years from now, you have a highly demanding job, we have three kids, you are the early morning seminary teacher, you get home from work late after a long day, our oldest son needs his bike fixed for a cub scout activity the next day, after a frustrating time with his bike you stay up late to get your seminary lesson prepared, your kids are up all night sick, you have to go teach and go to work and do this all over again; is this what you want to do with me for the rest of your life?" Nice response right{ look it is pretty true} Anyway he said yes with a confused look on his face. So this was the begining of our fifteen years.

2 comments:

janet said...

I was going to comment on your voluptuous red lips! What a great story. and what a response to the proposal! Here's to another 115 years.

and thanks for the comment on my blog! It made me cry (in a good way :)

Ashton said...

I love it!!! Now, if you were only there when I was engaged..., so I would have had a clue as to what I was agreeing to........ =)
Happy 15 years!!!

-
-
- -
- -
-