- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, January 28

It's Quiet Now


It is time for me to go to bed. Skip is asleep on the couch with his computer on. {his work is never done} I have a moment to reflect on the passing of President Hinkley, the living Prophet on this earth in these Latter-days. I have mixed emotions, I knew that this day was coming soon And as I think of him these are the thoughts that come flooding to my mind: He lived the life his Savior asked of him, served his mission on this earth with love and devotion, and has been and example to millions of people of all beliefs and faiths in this world. He proclaimed the gospel, pushed forth the work to redeem the dead, inspired each one of us to hope for the future,and be the best we can be.







You never can be prepared for something like this. I know that the joy on the other side of the veil must be overwhelming for those that are greeting him and those that have been waiting for him. The love and tenderness that he felt for his wife was an inspiration. I'm sure she went first to make things ready for him. How wonderful it is to have the covenant of eternal marriage.







Yet, I had a moment of sadness when I heard. When you feel a love for someone that has touched your life it is hard not to feel sad. He inspired me to be the best that I can be and try to be better than that. When I listened to him I could truly feel his love for me. The spirit testified that the road I have chosen as a mother and a wife is the correct one. When it seems I am in the depth of sorrow his words lighten my load.







I have been in the presence of two other prophets, President Kimball { he kissed my hand and looked me straight in the eye and told me to obey the commandments, I will never forget the power I felt. I was never going to wash that hand again} President Hunter { he also looked me straight in the eye and said hello, I was sitting right across from him in the temple so there wasn't very much talking, I did feel his strong spirit.} Although I have never been in the presence of President Hinkley, it matters little. I have felt the over whelming promptings of the Holy Ghost testify to me of the divine calling he held. That he is the mouth piece for our Savior, Jesus Christ on this earth and as I follow him I am following the the Savior.



I look forward with faith and hope to the future , knowing that the Heavens are indeed open and that a new prophet will be called to speak for our Savior, that the work will continue, tell all people have the chance to know; Why they are here, where they came from and what they can become. I testify that the Savior does live and that he loves us. I know that I am a child of God and that He knows me, my wants,my desires and most importantly my needs. I know he blesses me everyday of my life.




2 comments:

janet said...

how wonderful that you were able to have those experiences with President Kimball and Hunter.. but it's true that you can feel a connect with a Prophet who you've never met in person..especially with one who has served as long and as public as President Hinckley. I LOVE the quote on the side about our glorious future.. that is a typical quote from him-- optimistic and looking forward. I am sure he had a glorious homecoming!

and thank you for your comment on the journal at the end of the day. I started one personally (inspired by President Eyring) but think it's a great idea to include the kids. We have so much to be grateful for!

janet said...

correction: Connection.. instead of "connect" I hate typos!

-
-
- -
- -
-