- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, April 19

Where is Jack?

Jack went to his first overnight camp out with the scouts. Am I nervous for him? Yes! I hope he has fun and makes some friends. He has really struggled here in Virgina in the area of friends. He had a best friend "Gunnar" in Colorado, which he still talks to two to three times a month. I hope he was warm and safe last night night and that he doesn't get sun burned today. We will pick him up at 5:30 tonight. Twenty-four hours without Jack, Sam wanted to call him about his DS, Blake wanted to call him about a question with Bionicles. Claire just says Jack is at a scouts camp out. I hope he is making some good memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Jack is safe and that he will return to you with a sun burn.
It is very strange when you send your child off for the fist ever over night camp. When Riley went to girls camp last year it was a little hard. You want them to fit in, make new friends, remember all the things I have taught you. Do they know what to do if separated from the group? Don't forget sunscreen, make sure your not a know it all, but do voice your opinion. Do you have everything you might need?
Just getting everything on the list and packing it all in one bag is hard. When Riley left it was nice not to have to worry about getting her ready, but now I had to worry if she was all right.
Mackenzie said she didn't miss her for the first two days. By day three I think that she wanted to talk to her and have her play the Wii with her.
I hope Jack had a great time and Sam enjoyed being the oldest for a night.
Maryann

Suzie Soda said...

There is nothing like camping to bond you with your tent mates, They say 70% of the YW in the church get their testimony at girl's camp.....probably similar for the boys. I hope he had fun.

-
-
- -
- -
-