- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, May 30

God's Gift

Last night, before I went to bed, I checked my E-mail. I received a sad news from a good friend of mine. A child of another good friend past away a week ago following a tragic car accident, while on vacation. This kind of news is so devastating. She was Jack's age. A beautiful girl with a sparkle in her eye and a jump in her walk. She was cheerful, kind and loved life. Her name was Sidney.


I served in the primary and was able to get to know Sidney a little. You never know what life will deal you. Sometimes we miss opportunities to truly know others because, life happens and we are just barely hanging on as we fly by and miss the moment. I try to watch people and glean what I can from them, as I am flying by. One thing I did notice about Sidney, was her ever present smile. She seemed to be enjoying life.

I was pretty sad last night as it all soaked in. I thought Jeff and Cassie and the overwhelming sadness they must be experiencing. I wanted to do something to help them. My thoughts turned to my own children sleeping safely in their beds. It could easily be one of my children. I thought of how much I love them, what my hopes and dreams are for them. It is times like these that you see a glimpse of what life would be like without them and what a huge void it would cause in your life.




I don't know exactly how Cassie and Jeff{ Sidney"s parents} feel. I can only empathize with them and send my love and prayers to them. Then take all the moments I have, to hug, cuddle, listen and play with my kids. They are truly gifts from God. They are his children and I have the privilege of teaching and more importantly being taught by them. Each day I have with them is a gift.



I hope I can try harder to enjoy others, old and young a like. We are all Gods children passing through this life, in different ages and stages. I need to speak less, listen more and appreciate all that each has to offer me and how I can, in exchange offer a kind word, a hug or service. Each exchange being a gift to everyone involved. Enjoy the moments that our life's books are written from. Each moment tells a story and each experience can lift us to a higher plain if we let it.

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Oh I am so sad too....I am crying and I don't even know them. But I kmow how they must feel. We can all relate to this as being one of our children or granchildren. I loved your post...I ditto everythibg you said. It is times like this we are reminded of what is truly important and how to act accordingly. I will pray for them too.

I am excited for Tuesday night.Shanna said the movie was really good. I haven't heard from everyone yet. I don't think people check their email as much as me. My computer is in my kitchen and I look at it several times a day. Will I see you at the shower in the AM? I hope so.

Larisa said...

I just found your blog, don't remember how. I spent the week with Jeff & Cassie, it was wonderful. The spirit that you write about on your beautiful blog was truly there! I felt it and they spoke of it often. This is an amazing church we live in with the opportunity to know the truth and the knowledge we have of the plan of salvation. I enjoyed reading all your postings, I am glad that I found you!
Larisa Nageli

Larisa said...

Ok, way too funny, I just went on my blog and saw a comment from you left a couple of days ago! Way toooo weird, I guess we were meant to hook back up. I LOVED serving in the YW with you and learned more from you about the gospel, service, and following a inspired President than anyone ever-thank you for your strong example to me!

-
-
- -
- -
-