- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, August 6

Loving the Beach Life




I can't believe it has been almost a week. The boys are a toasty brown. Claire is a bathing beauty. She likes to go out on the boogie board. We have had soooo much fun.

The amazing thing is the people. Six families in one house, twenty two kids and twelve adults, and some of us are strangers. Crazy how it works, but it does. We share food cost{thanks Allison.}We share a house{thanks Linda.} We share community beach property{thanks everybody.}


There has been no fighting. All the kids have bonded and so have the adults.

Claire has been wearing swimming shoes the whole week, so when we went down to the beach to take pictures and we set them down in the sand , she cried because she didn't like the feel of sand on her feet. All the pictures have her crying.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo....sad we are not there. I haven't responded all week because no one likes a crybaby..but I'm the crybaby tonight.
The kids are missing all of their friends and I miss my friends too. It looks like the weather has been great and that everyone is having fun. Catch a few waves for Riley and Mackenzie. Tell everyone we say "Hi". Tomorrow is the last day make it great.
I want to see some pics of your boys riding the waves.
Maryann

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that the hair looks great.
Maryann

Anonymous said...

I also forgot no beach pics for my bathroom this year...so many things to miss.

George and Eva Ross said...

Love the picture of the whole family! We sure miss all of you. The kids all look older since we were there a few months ago. Your hair looks great long, Laurene. We love reading your blog.

Cristy said...

Your pictures look awesome! Look at those tan boys! Sorry Claire but sometimes a princess has to feel the sand between her toes.

Lewismom said...

Love the pictures and wish we were there. It brings back so many beach memories from when we lived in CA!! Wow! Love you and love that you are having so MUCH fun!
Mom

Marissa said...

you guys are hot stuff! That family picture is great and I love how you cut all the boys' hair. I miss the beach (and Lips), sniff sniff. See you soon!!!!

Suzie Soda said...

What a great family picture.....you look glamorus Laurene. I felt sad for MayAnn too.....not being able to go. It sounds like you had so much fun....made me wish I was there, I can't wait to hear all about it. I will see you Saturday at the shower. Seem like you have been gone forever. Travel home safe. xoxox

-
-
- -
- -
-