- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, April 4

Vera and Jeff's Wedding

We are a bunch of sickies AGAIN. This time just bad colds and fever, but it sure does put a damper on enjoying the beautiful weather...70's and sunshine. Maybe there is something in this house....I don't know I am frustrated. Other than the sickness, which I believe originated from the nursery,{ people don't send your darlings to the nursery if they are sick...please!} we have tried to have a good week.







Last Sat. Aunt Maryann came to DC for a wedding. Our mutual friend Vera was married to Jeff and I must say it was the most spiritual wedding I have ever been too. I arrived at the Temple early. I sat in the chapel waiting for the Sealing. My wait was to be about 45 minutes. This did not bother me as I was able to read and meditate in the silence, something that is hard to accomplish in this stage of the game at home.







As I sat there people started arriving...normal for such an event, but as I kept looking up from my reading I couldn't help but notice the chapel was fast filling up. Not just the seats but the air became heavy with the spirit and love was just oozing from everyone. The chapel holds about 100-125 and it was getting full. I ask a Temple matron how many weddings there were that morning and she informed me two. When they announced that it was time I expected half the room to rise to leave for the sealing room, but to my surprise all but eight people rose to leave. There were at least 75 people and I am sure numerous host of others in that sealing room. I was overcome with emotion and we hadn't even started the wedding.







Vera and Jeff sat holding hands smiling at one another while the Sealer spoke of marriage and it's importance. I was on pins and needles just waiting. He finally pronounced them Husband and Wife for all eternity and joy filled the room. It was like solid joy. You could feel it. You could cut it with a knife. It wasn't just the people in the room that felt the joy. It was those beyond the veil, their joy was also felt. It was amazing. Vera just kept saying,"I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I am married." She was beautiful.









Maryann and I Stood outside the Temple later and waited for the happy couple to emerge. It took a while as there were so many well wishers giving hugs of happiness after the sealing. When they finally came out they were all smiles. You know the kind of smile that hurts your face after a while but you just can't seem to stop.



Then Maryann began to take pictures. I noticed there was no professional photographer and urged Maryann on. "Take one of the family." " Take one of the sisters." "Now one with just the parents." Soon {and it didn't take long} Maryann had become the photographer. I became her assistant holding purses and adjusting dresses and ties, whatever Maryann needed and told me to do. We Lewis's are a force to be reckoned with. We are the take charge type people when no one else takes charge. {thank you Mom and Dad} and Maryann took charge.





After an hour or so of picture taking Maryann and I were off to get a couple of pictures developed fast at Costco. There were no Costco's close so after taking several wrong turns {We were never lost. We were just seeing new things and learning about where things are in Church Falls VA} we found a CVS and developed three pictures there. They had the frames to boot and then running ever so late we GPSed it to the reception. Vera and Jeff were happy with the pictures and Vera said to me after I told her she was beautiful,{ Vera is Chinese} " Laurene all brides are beautiful. I am ugly, but today I am BEAUTIFUL!" I just hugged her you cannot argue with Vera.

1 comments:

Maryann said...

I loved, loved, loved the whole weekend. Seeing so many friends. Filling love from all over. Thanks for posting such a great picture of me. Mackenzie took that to try out my new lens. Very nice. And about the pictures. I can't help it if I'm a "bossy bit of goods". Someone needs to take charge.

-
-
- -
- -
-