- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, May 17

Where is the Tooth Fairy

I have tried, but I am not at my best game when it comes to the Tooth Fairy. Blake lost his first tooth one week ago. It only took two days for the Tooth fairy to get her stuff together. Blake was happy with the four quarters in the end. Yes, a dollar, I mean really it doesn't take much to make a six year old happy and he was thrilled!

We have been battling a series of colds at our house for the past two months. Last night I was up pretty much all night moving humidifiers, giving honey, and generally playing nurse. I was pretty wiped out.

At 3:30 AM Blake started crying "Mom, Mom.." So I dragged my tired body into his room to see what was the problem. It is dark in the room, I just stepped on some random Lego that had been left on the floor and I was a little short with him.... he is holding something up in the air and I can't see..... I say, " What is it? What is wrong?" He says," My tooth it was on my tongue and it woke me up. Hurry Mom, get a bag so I can put it under my pillow." I turn to go like a dutiful puppy, then I realize it is 3:30 in the AM . I think the Tooth Fairy needs at least a twenty four Hour Notice...please people. really is this to much to ask?

I take the tooth, assure him I will keep it safe, walk him to the bathroom and then tuck in my grinning, toothless, little guy into bed. He says, with a slight lisp," You are the best Mom in the whole world. " I melt. {maybe I should get the bag, I think...no stick to your guns.}

Tonight, as we put the tooth under his pillow, I ask if he wants another pillow to prop him up, so he won't hack to death all night. He says," Mom, I think two pillows confuses the Tooth Fairy and she can't find my tooth. I mean that is what happened last time." {This is funny to me because ever since last Sunday Blake has been against two pillows, but could give me no reason. Just, I don't want them. He always wanted two before. I think this is classic male behavior and it starts so young.}

Will the tooth Fairy come tonight? I can only wonder.




0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-