- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, March 28

Testify of Miracles

Today in church we had our Fast and Testimony meeting. I always enjoy these meetings, especially hearing the many Testimonies of how Christ has worked in other peoples lives. Some Testimonies are stories and others are just plain Testimony of a principle of Christ's Gospel. Those are the ones that touch me the most.

Sam has always felt strongly about bearing his Testimony. We bear Testimony in our home regularly and he is aware of what it means to Testify of Christ.

As I was listening to the Testimonies in the meeting Sam tugs on my sweater and says," I feel like I have to bear my Testimony." Sam is not a kid that does this every month, in fact I think it was two Christmas's ago when he last bore his Testimony in church and let me tell you the boy has a deep testimony of Christ. I told him if he felt like he should then he should go up and do it. (I could do well to take this advise.)

He walked up to the stand very resolutely and sat down waiting for his turn. Then he strode up to the pulpit, cleared his throat and said," I would like to testify that Miracles still happen today and that Jesus listens and answers prayers. I had been praying for something to happen and a miracle happened. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that because a young boy prayed a miracle happened and that if he didn't pray, God and Jesus wouldn't have appeared before him. I know that if that didn't happen I wouldn't be here today. I know Christ lives and answers prayers. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Tears were welling up in my eyes. You hope as a parent that your child will have experiences that will help them feel and recognise the Spirit. My prayers were answered too. Sam came back, sat down next to me and gave me our three squeeze sign on my leg. I love you, was what the three squeezes meant. I squeezed him right back with the answer. Four squeezes on his leg, I love you too!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I am so sorry I missed it!!

Emily said...

Awesome. Food for a mother's soul. Thanks for sharing!

Suzie Soda said...

Very very sweet. You must be doing a great job as a mother. keep that always in your memory! xoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-