- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, April 12

Ah to be young.......

So this is a fun group with "mucho" energy. We had an awesome time with these friends.

After looking through these pictures I was worn out and I was only taking them. I am getting a little old. Several things have brought me to this conclusion, which reality I have fought tooth and nail since I discovered these things. I mean really didn't I just graduate from high school.......oh that was about 23 yrs ago. Why does it seem to me like yesterday? Maybe it's dementia. I do tend to forget a lot of things.

I was combing my hair when I noticed some white things and of course I jump right to lice, since it is going around. When I get out my magnifying mirror { which I need, since I can't see clearly any more, sometimes I add the help of my reading glasses} I notice it's not lice, just a bunch of gray hairs. Great, not lice only gray hair. I should be so happy, but you can buy this special shampoo to get rid of lice for good.....gray hair.....you must continue to color, for life....Yes, a life sentence. True; I do color my hair and have since I was fourteen, but I can usually go a while between color.......not any more!

And what about eating? My gums are receding. My type A brushing technique has led to this and it happens as we get older "so says my dentist." He is a great dentist don't get me wrong, but this is not fun news. Please be a cavity I was thinking. You can at least fill that, but no, now all cold things, like salad, strawberries, apples, make my mouth hurt and it is painful. now I go to bed and rub Sensodine toothpaste all over my gums. Really attractive. At least my breath is good.
I am reminded from these pictures how old my body feels sometimes. I was playing with the kids doing Karate moves. I tell them I used to be able to walk on my hands. they say," Do it, do it." And like a fool I try and I try. Big mistake. My back was not thanking me. It seemed so simple. In my mind I felt like the same person that I was back then. Oh how our minds deceive us.

And the pores on my face...what the! How did they get so big? This is where I put down the magnifying mirror. I mean the wrinkles are coming on fast and when I smile I can see where the two jowl indentations will be slowly making their appearance. Wonderful...... And what is up with the adult acne? One problem a decade please.

I used to be able to sleep any where. Now I really need a good surface or my back is killing me and every muscle aches when I wake up......what is up with that. I used to make fun of that "Icy/ Hot" stuff, but now I might just need some of that.......don't even get me started on why I avoid sneezing at all cost.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I hear you, sister! I feel your confusion. We're still young, right? I still FEEL young(except when my back is aching or my wrinkles are showing or my bladder won't allow me to join my kids on a trampoline . . .)

Sigh.

Jenny said...

So true, so true! I've been feeling exacting the same way lately. Why do I need a physical therapist's help to be able to run? Why do I walk like an old lady when I get out of bed? Why can't I sleep through the night without waking up to go to the bathroom at least once? And I'm not even 40 yet!

Suzie Soda said...

I feel your pain..everyday. But I won't give in......more partying I say..that is what we need. Get over here for a visit right now. xoxoxo

Maree said...

I also know exactly what you're talking about. But just so you know Laurene, you'll always be beautiful inside and out to anyone who is lucky enough to know you--grey hairs or not. :)

Emily said...

Almost a month since you posted! Hope all is well!

-
-
- -
- -
-