- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, October 19

Eight Is Great!

My boy Blake is eight! How time flies.......it seems like yesterday when I brought this bundle of energy home. A ball of fire. He loves me with no boundaries, yet fights me tooth and nail on everything. The kid is passionate about life and I am passionate about him. Every night without fail he calls me....." Mom, You didn't give me a hug and kiss.".....even though I have hugged him and kissed him and snuggled with him.....he tells me," I just like being with you."
His smile is contagious. He is outspoken, funny and extremely shy. He asked for Blueberry muffin Tops for breakfast....check.... Black bean burgers for lunch.....didn't have time:( .....Southwestern Chili for dinner.....check.....and a Chocolate Mint cake for dessert...check.


He refused to do any school work today.....claiming that no one works on their birthday.....sigh....

The cake was a semi success. It tasted great and was very rich, but I cooked it too long and it was a little crumbly. I have decided I cannot have real cooking success when all the kids are talking to me. Especially one little girl who shall go unnamed. She is my constant shadow and is getting a bit bossy as of late.....but she does have one cute smile. Don't worry I cannot be swayed by cuteness. The bossiness has got to go.

I know you are on the edge of your seat wondering what secret ingredient did I throw in to the cake this time...avocado and coconut sugar...and yes it was vegan right down to the rich ganache topping.
A pocket knife is every eight year old boys dream and Blake put it to use right away. He used it to slowly and meticulously open all his presents, to his brothers dismay. He did not want to tear the paper. You know it will all go under his bed in his "Collection."He was thrilled with every gift. Claire was thrilled too. The girl loves a party. She hugged him after every gift...he was kind of ignoring her after a while, but that did not stop her. She summed up the day," This was a fabulous day, don't you think so Mom?"....yes .....yes I do!

More to come on this eight year old celebration...this is just the beginning .....

1 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Blake! He is such a sweet boy!

-
-
- -
- -
-