- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, November 13

Blake's Baptism Weekend


Grandma and Grandpa Ross drove all the way from Utah for Blake's Baptism. We were so grateful. The kids were asking me every ten minutes,"How much longer until they get here?"
When they drove up they were a little shy about going to the door. The shyness didn't last too long.
After they arrived we sat around visiting, that was when Grandpa decided to tell a joke. Well, the kids thought he was hilarious and wanted to get in on the action, so soon jokes were flying out of every ones mouth. Claire was on a roll with every Knock-Knock joke ending with the punch line "Santa!" Grandpa encouraged the impromptu joke telling by laughing at each one. Claire responded with more and she giggled uncontrollably as her jokes got more and more silly.
Then Jack jumped in with some Quantum physics jokes, of which he prefaced with," You might not get this." We didn't. I am not sure if he did either. Grandpa thinks we need to work on our joke telling skills.

The next day as we were driving around the island, showing of the beautiful scenery and the beach. Claire showed that she does have some comic understanding as she let us know that "Hammered" means "Drunk." " What are you teaching these kids." Laughed Grandpa.
We went to Mora's an extremely popular ice cream spot...very tasty! The kids enjoyed watching "Toy Story III" with G&G while I made Bread and goodies for the get together after the baptism.
Blake and Sam had a great time playing games with Grandma. Blake played "Blockus" with Grandma on Saturday. That night as I was putting him to bed he told me how much fun it was to play games with Grandma. When I came down from getting ready for the day on Monday, Grandma had agreed to play "Risk'.......well this game takes FOREVER. Sam has been trying for weeks to get someone to play it with him. They kept it up and Grandma continued to play right up until she walked out the door to go home. Thank you Grandma you are awesome!

Grandma also showed us this really cool quilt she was working on and the kids thought that was interesting. They love the quilts she has made for them. Claire says she gets a hug from Grandma every night as she pulls her quilt around her neck. After they left Blake was talking to me and said, "Mom won't it be great when we go to Grandma's house next time and we can see the finished quilt on her bed. I bet it looks really good." Clearly impressed by Grandma's talents. I am too.

On Monday we went to "The Museum of Flight." We took the ferry over to Seattle. I think Grandpa was a little afraid for his life with me driving. I assured him no one had died yet and I always arrive at my destination more sooner than later. I drove the speed limit. We enjoyed the Museum it was quite fascinating and informative. Afterwards we drove downtown and met Skip for dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory. The kids were dying to go there. The ferry ride home was beautiful as we gazed at the lights of Seattle.

The kids were so excited Sunday for the Baptism. We came home from church to get all the food ready for the get together afterward. A big thank you to G&G for helping me.
Blake was so happy about his Baptism. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
I am so grateful that Skip is worthy to baptize him and confirm him.
Grandma and Grandpa gave the talks on Baptism and The Holy Ghost. Both talks were wonderful and the Spirit filled the room confirming truth to all that were there. Both G&G said they were speaking primarily to Blake, but that we could all listen. Blake was loving it. We have been to every child's baptism this year. They were all Class mates of Blake's and most speakers said something similar to this. Blake really wanted G&G to talk directly to him.

After the baptism several people came up to me and told me how much they enjoyed the talks. One of my friends told me later how wonderful it must be to have two very stalwart grandparents for your kids to see. I agree whole heartily . We are truly blessed.

It was a wonderful weekend. I can't adequately express my gratitude to Skip's parents. It means so much to me personally to have them show such great interest in their grandchildren. I know it means a lot to my kids, because they can't stop talking about it. To my kids Grandma and Grandpa can do no wrong........I can't wait for this day to come for me;)

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

That is so great. I hope I can go to all my grandchildrens's baptisms......Jordan and Melissa are so far away in Mesa. Only 1 of us may get to go...but we are going to try to both get there......although that would be 3 trips to Mesa in a year. It is nice that you appreciate Skip's parents so much and can see their goodness...not all daughter-in-laws do. Greg's folks tried to come to al of ours. They are stalwart members and leave a legacy of temple service to all their posterity ( Greg's dad is the oldest man working in the temple at 87...almost 88). Good job and congrats!

-
-
- -
- -
-