- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, January 7

Blue Eyed Sam


I am at the end of another long day. We made it through much of our school work. Sam seems to be doing better on his reading. We are trying to read "The Book of Mormon Reader" and "Flat Stanley" Sam is still struggling with his b"s and d's and doesn't seem to be picking up on the basic spelling rules{ even though we go over and over them } it's like they go in one ear and out the other, he can recall them when prompted but seeing a word doesn't prompt them into his mind. I know I'm missing something I just don't know what it is. Prayer is my only solace.

His math skills are coming along quite nicely. I do think he is a very bright kid. He is my thinker and my quiet contemplator. He is very tender and careful with Claire,he is her protector. Sam is very literal or should I say by the book. Whatever I say he holds me to it and everyone else, if he is disciplined he holds himself to whatever I dole out. As I talk to him and try to teach him I grow to love him more and more, I hope I am doing right by him.

-
-
- -
- -
-