- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, March 5

I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream.....for ice ceam?





After a weekend of total chaos and getting ready for "Enrichment Dinner " I was feeling a little guilty. On the way to our Co-op I pulled into an Ice cream shop and surprised the kids with a treat. They were all smiles. I was too. Sometimes in the middle of a hectic day it is nice to take a little breather. Thanks to KaLise for making my day less hectic towards the end. This is my schedule for the day: After being up til 2:00am making a Relief society jeopardy game for the enrichment night I was up at 6:30 to put the finishing touches on the decorations, then into the shower and eat{ take a lot of B-complex} I started getting the kids in showers and baths at 8:oo and then to eat breakfast in shifts{ Why baths today? Hey it's bath day, so we bathe} We had everything ready and in the car by 9:20 and us in the car and on the way to Joannes because I needed more gold tulle for the decorations. Luckily the store was not to busy at 9:45 so we zipped in and out( I even was able to make all the cuts I needed to at the store ) The kids love the fabric store, NOT! We were on are way to the church to set up at 10:30 ( we had to make sure that we had priesthood there so we could be in the building and KaLise's husband came to the rescue, Thank You Mike. We wouldn't be able to set up with out him) Everything set up by 11:15 we are fast. It looked really nice. Then we got some food{Chick fil' a} Fast food is never fast with four kids and honey for their chicken, very messy. Now we are off to Co-op with 20 min to spare{ surprise the kids with ice cream treat} I talk to KaLise and tell her that how between 4:15 and 5:30 I am going to make 50 cream puffs. REALLY!!!!? I have it all planned out in my head. Yes I am NUTS. I didn't want to burden anyone else. KaLise was like "NO WAY Laurene I will take care of it! " So between 4:15 and 5:30 I was able to feed my kids and hold my crying desperately tired Claire. Then Off to basketball practice. All the kids had to come because my sitter was out of town. They did OK sat on the bench and looked at books. After practice, on to enrichment,late, but there in time to lead the games{FUN, FUN,FUN} We did have a good time lots of laughter. After, practice for a musical number for Sunday's Relief Society meeting then finish cleaning up the gym and off to Wal mart in the pouring rain for cereal and diapers. I finally get home at 10:15. Talk to Jack{ who is supposed to be asleep} , Talk to Skip, wash my face{ no those winkles are permanent they won't come off} Go to bed! AAHHHHHHHH...........

3 comments:

janet said...

I LOVE days like these.. not the busy, busy ones, but the times when he have a chance to stop for ice cream and just chill together. Your pictures are adorable!

I love the new look of the blog! Looks like you spent lots of time on it! I think when you first start blogging, you do get a bit obsessed, but I am not so much anymore. It can really be addicting though! Do you use Google Reader? It saves a lot of time for me (it emails me when someone has posted something new.) This way, you aren't checking everyone's blog frequently. It's SO much fun, though... I know many husbands who don't get it and are frustrated with their wives.. it's all about finding a balance. Isn't that the solution to EVERYTHING?

janet said...

ps. I probably spend a good hour-2 hours blogging everyday.. if only I was reading my scriptures for that long!

Suzie Soda said...

Wow..did I say thank you for all your work for enrichment?. It was a really fun night...loved the food, the tables, and the games. You need to delegate girl....too much for a busy mother of 4. You are a great mom.... and ice cream in the middle of the day is grounds for sainthood and forgiveness for every mistake a mother may make. By the way, I love this music......so inspiring.....I am singing along right now in my pj's and my fake microphone. I always said I wanted to go to Japan and do karaoke ......but tonight I will just have to go wild in my house.

-
-
- -
- -
-