- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, March 9

Be On Time












I know, to many people, being late is inexcusable. Before I got married I was on time to most things in fact I was irritated if someone was late. Then I got married and all that changed. For some reason that I cannot figure out, two people getting ready is more challenging. I have struggled with this now for 15 years. When you add four kids to the mix it gets even harder We had a Sunday School lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. One of the issues brought up was that those people that are late for 'Early Church' are also late for 'Late Church', very true. My family is one of these families. I am not proud of it. In fact it is a source of contention in my mind, as well as outwardly with my kids. I am usually brought to yelling about an hour before we need to leave. I somehow know, at that point, that all the stars are not aligned and it is not going to happen. What can I do? Well "Saturday is a special day ,it's the day we get ready for Sunday" Do you know this? I need to be a better planner. I just can't seem to get it together.




























































































































This is what we are going to try: Make sure all baths are completed on Sat. night. Have breakfast done by 8:30 am. Have children in church clothes, with shoes by the door by 11:00 am. Eat lunch and clean-up by 11:45 am. Leave by 12:00 pm, with 15:min to spare to sit in the chapel and listen to the prelude music. Is this a dream or what? I saw several other families do this today { I was on time due to welfare meetings }.




































































































Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy is another issue. We don't watch TV. We don't shop or eat out. We attend our meetings, . I don't think it feels like a really different day, I mean it is different. It is lacking something. I will have to work on this. I want my children to have a good feeling of what the Sabbath is all about. They should look forward to a day of rest and feel comfort in that the Spirit is so strong and close to us on that day, because we have dedicated it to the Lord. Any thoughts?

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Great goal....it was always important to me. I always set my clocks fast.....I still do. I told myself church started a half hour before it really did.
It might work...if you don't tell yourself it is a trick. But most important you are there...so don't be too hard on yourself. Good Luck. suz

-
-
- -
- -
-