- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, March 2

Relief Society.... Remembering


I love the "Relief Society" I have been involved with it since I can remember, My mom took me and my brothers and sisters to weekly meeting that were held during the day at the church, I remember lots of quilt frames, food, and different crafts. My mom would enlist my help with younger children or in the kitchen for clean -up duty. All the women were very nice to me. When I graduated from primary I was sent to Relief Society for a while because the young women organization was, let's just say unstable, I remember being disappointed, but secretly I thought how cool am I, I am with the grown -ups. The women in that small branch seemed so old to me but they were very nice. My Mom eventually got called to be Young Women's President and I was able to go to Young Women's. My mom took me with her to do visiting teaching and this is where I learned that visiting teaching was so important. I learned from my mom that some conversations are not to be shared and that sometimes you are the only happy thing that might happen to this person all month, so always pray before you go and listen, listen, listen. Several women we went to had tough lives and my mom was never judgmental as far as I could see. She would say you don't know you just don't know, but the Lord does. One summer my mother spent alot of time on the phone calling people about "ERA" trying to kill the bill that was where I saw what a powerful force the Relief Society could be. Anyway through my adult years from the time I went to Rick's College til now I have been involved and enjoyed it very much. I Know it is the Lord's work. This picture is my mom and me with my mom's parents after she was sealed to them in the temple. For some reason I don't have alot of pictures of my mom and me as I was growing -up. Just alot of pictures in my mind.

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Cute picture. I loved your lesson yesterday. It is nice to hear a child say good things they learned from their mother. You seem to have so many good things and appreciate all that your mom did. She must be amazing...with all those kids....she seemed to give individual time to you and taught you alot.

And I can see you carrying on the tradition. You give alot to your kids and I am impressed. You will never regret it. When they grow up and are on their own, their success ( spiritual) will be your greatest joy.

You are awesome. I love your outfit yesterday. Suz

-
-
- -
- -
-