- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, March 12

A Rose By Any Other Name.....


I am very protective about my Name. In fact when my husband asked me to marry him I wanted to know if he was going to change his name to my surname. Why on earth would I want to change my name. It had been my name for twenty-five years and my friends and professional peers knew me by that name, not to mention I loved it. It meant a lot of things to me.








































I am a Victorious Warrior, with a crown of Laural leaves to prove it.


Laurene- lauentum" City in Italy, surrounded by Laural leaves , crown of Laural leaves"victor"


Middle-Famous warrior, victorious warrior "English"


Last-Renowned fighter "English"


Last{ The one I added through Marriage}-Cape or highland "Scottish" Red "Gaelic"


I did add it. That is entirely another long drawn out story.




















My husbands name on the other hand means.


Given first- Farmer "Greek"

Nick name-{that he has gone by since a babe}- Ship Master "Scandinavian"

Middle-Coming from a Wealthy Estate "English"

Last- Cape or Highland " Scottish" Red " Gaelic"


He is a farmer by birth. Ship master by trade and he comes from a wealthy estate up in the Highland. { I've yet to see the money}


Both Skip and I were named after family members; both my Grandmothers and Skip, his Dad and Grandfathers.







































My children's name's, like so many had lots of thought put into them. I wanted to tie them to their ancestors, so one of their names is tied to a person in their personal history. I also wanted to have one of their names tied to God in some way. This way as we talk about our names and who we are, we can discuss what it means to be "me" and how my name represents me. I find that this has helped in their personal relationship with their Father in Heaven. They also are tying it to spiritual talents that they can develop. { I am an over thinker, sometimes that's good}













































Jack- A name from my family My great-grandpa went by Jack and I have great memories of him. There also is a meaning around God; Friend of the Lord,God is Gracious. His middle name is the same as his father.






























Samuel-A name from my family history and Skips. His name also means, from the Hebrew, "Heard of God" Sam has had several experiences with getting answers to his prayers. His middle name also tied to his ancestors and hsa the meanig of transporter of goods, we could say the goods are the 'gospel message' or love anything really.






































Blake- This name was a harder for me to pick but I found a meaning that I love " Warrior of Light" It reminds me of the "Two Thousand Stripling Warriors" and Blake and I discuss this story periodically. His middle name means "Man's defender or Warrior" This is also a family name.


































Claire- This name means " Clear and Musical" and she fits this name so perfectly. Her middle name means "Consecrated to God"or" "Promise to God", Hebrew. I hope I can instill in her a love and a devotion to her "Father in Heaven". It is also a family name.

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

So many levels to you, Tell me what my name Suzanne Jane means?.....I have read a few things but I like your descriptions.

-
-
- -
- -
-