- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, April 16

"DMV'' aka "THE MAN"



Today I had the wonderful opportunity to got to the Richmond DMV. I received a speeding ticket a while back and needed, albeit late, to get a Virginia drivers license. You would think this would be easy{nothing ever is}. I had most of my Identification, birth certificate, passport and they needed some sort of address validation, of course all our bills are paperless {going green has it's down side} I don't get a pay check, no stub. I don't have a Virgina Identification card or drivers licence, duh! So I brought my insurance card which doesn't count, I need a bill from the insurance company, again paperless. What are you going to do? Beg them to take a insurance statement of withdrawal of funds, which I did . She had to leave and go get it approved and a signature which took ,forever. { I think there must be some munchies in the back} They consented.


Now to the hard part; last year when Skip registered our cars {yes, it has been a year and I still haven't gone to get a new license} he used some form of identification with an obscure spelling of my name. I was not aware of it till I went in today. They told me they could not use my legal name because it wasn't in their system. I argued and told them that doesn't make since. She left again to talk to a supervisor. { Forever again} I would also have to get a court order to change it in their system. WHAT! I mean the name is wrong I have proof to show them. As I found out you can not argue with the DMV they are "THE MAN"! So I said fine go ahead and issue the license that way, with the incorrect name, because I was running out of time{I needed to get to traffic court. That was another crazy experience} They DMV lady tried to do this. She stared at the screen for some time,



Then said,"This name does not match the social security data base for this social security number"

No kidding, it is not my legal name, I had made this statement already. She looked confused and I was running late.

I said, "What do we do now?"



She says, " You will have to get a court order so we can change it."



I don't think so, and then I said with a little impatience in my voice " Let me speak to your supervisor."

She leaves again. {Where is this lady going, outside to the Quick Stop next door to get an icy?}

She comes back and says," My supervisor is at lunch. "



You have got to be kidding me. I said," Look, I am on my way to court and they are going to want to know I at least made an effort here."



She says,"I will write you a note."

Wonderful, I am sure the judge is going to want to see my note from the DMV Lady.

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-