- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, April 17

No Cell Phones

I decided to go to traffic court instead of mailing in the ticket and paying. I had never been to court before. The proceedings were filled with all sorts of people. Three of them were handcuffed and taken into custody charged with multiple felonies. The charges were varied from marijuana possession, assault and battery, driving with revoked license, and carrying stolen property. Some of the excuses these people had were hilarious and pathetic.



I thought I really needed to be on time. I didn't want the judge mad. I knew I was guilty and planned on pleading guilty, hoping that I would get a lesser charge or have it dropped because it was a first offense. {I admit I do drive fast, but since getting a warning and a ticket in Feb. I have decided to slow down, seriously I have.}



As I entered the court house, on time but just barely, the guards informed me that I would have to take my phone back to the car, as it was not allowed. Well being the crazy person I am I freaked out , in my mind. These are my thoughts;

I will be totally late if I go back to the car, the car was about five minuets away,10 minutes no time. I will be totally in trouble and the judge will be mad. What do I do, what do I do! I can't go back to the car. I know, I will bury my phone in the mulch in the flower bed outside the court house and then retrieve it after. Really smart right? So I look around, no one is looking and I bury it.

I go in feeling good and I am on time , which I was obsessing about. I get in to court, sit and start to listen. The proceedings were taking forever and I realised that it didn't matter if I was there right at 1:30. In fact the judge could careless. Then my mind began to wonder what if someone calls me. I forgot to turn off the ringer, no it is on vibrate , or is it?.... And what about that mulch, oh my, it will be all over my phone. I am going to freak out if I don't go get it right now. I have to move.

The officer that pulled me over is outside in the hall with three other people waiting to testify in yet another long case involving a lady that was doing something she shouldn't.{Assault, hit and run and driving under the influence} I got up and went out to talk to him. He said I had time to retrieve my phone.{I am sure he thought I was nuts, but he was nice to me anyway}I got outside and thought what if my phone is gone, then I searched and at first I couldn't find it. Then I did. WHEW!

I took it to the car, called Beth, apologized for being so late. Then went back into court. My case ended up being the second to last and I was there for an hour and a half. The judge was nice and so was the officer. Long story short, I get to go to traffic school, case dismissed.


2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Have fun at trafffic school...I have been once, it is a BLAST :). Don't stress over the test....I took copious notes only to find it was so lame anyone could pass it.
You are too funny burying your cell phone...very creative.

Cristy said...

Burying your cell phone in a public place...What?!? Ok, that is one of the craziest things I have ever heard ! Dont tell too many people that story Laurene!

-
-
- -
- -
-