- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, May 3

Another Aviation Museum





We can't get enough of museums it seems. This one was right here in Richmond. We were dressed up because we went straight from Jack and Sam's piano recital. They were all mad because they couldn't change. I gave them a choice, you can either stop complaining and we go to the museum and have a nice time or one more word and we go home. They stopped. We had a great time. The highlight was this, ..... do you know what I can't remember the name.... I know my boys do though. It was cool and I do remember some facts about it like; it uses 500 to 800 gallons of gas when it sits an idles for an hour, it can fly coast to coast in one hour and seven minutes, it last flew at an air show in 1999, they only produced 33 of them and it is the fastest plane to date at Mach three.








Sam is checking the engine out. He loves mechanical things.










I love that my kids get into the spirit of the moment. Even Claire enjoyed looking at all the old planes and pretending to fly. We watched a short clip on the maneuvers of the f-14, they liked it, but when I asked them if they would want to fly like that they all said, "No". They will just have to watch from the ground and be amazed. Maybe they can be the designers of the planes.








The plane is called "Lockhead SR 71 Blackbird". You can see the kids read the signs, even Claire. I got caught by a museum worker. What I mean is, he started talking to me and was very nice I just couldn't find away to break off the conversation. You know the type.




0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-