- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, May 6

Cinco


I went to pick up Blake and Sam from a friends house yesterday. {which I was late} When I came in, the house smelled of wonderful food. They had been cooking something delicious to honor "cinco De mayo." Her husband was there and they were going to eat{ at 5:30 a ridiculously early hour for dinner. Who's husband gets home before Seven.} I digress. They had fresh salsa and guacamole. Some sort of skirt steak with cilantro and lime I can only assume for fajitas. They inspired me. We came home and I popped some taquitos from the freezer into the oven. Instant celebration in seven minutes. We add a Little Pace Picante and there you have it. A meal fit for south of the border!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

ok, I feel SO BAD! I totally should have invited you guys for dinner last night, I'm so sorry. You know how I'm a slow thinker and I don't "get it" until later... so I"m sitting there eating dinner and all of a sudden I yell out, "DENTON I SHOULD HAVE INVITED LAURENE FOR DINNER!" He was like, "What's wrong!" Nothing, I'm just a freak and it took me 45 minutes to figure it out. Next time...
But glad you had your frozen taquitos instead of mac n cheese. Lo siento!

Cristy said...

Don't feel bad! We had pizza from a local place. The whole town here was dead when we went out to pick it up. Must have all been at parties? I thought it would have been cool to have a cinco de mayo baby but I guess he didn't get that :)

Suzie Soda said...

Those partying kids of mine...wonder here they get that celebrating spirit :)

Well I love tacquitos from a box. We went to El Paso and had our usual mexican dinner then to the movies. I tried to find a Cinco de Mayo party but I think they were all on Saturday.

So I will have to wait for a few weeks to really celebrate in style.

-
-
- -
- -
-