- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, May 20

Why I Do what I Do!

...Verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken for ever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

-Alma 48:17


Right now my main focus in life is on my children. I am a daughter of God, A partner with my husband for eternity and A mother to four spiritual beings that have been placed in my care through the tender mercy of the Lord. {one of which as I am writing this is telling me mom, I can't go to sleep,It is 10:15PM... What to do......}


I will be back...

I'm back that didn't take too long, just over night.... The Internet died an took with it an hour of typing...aahhhhhg!


Back to my original thought; I take being a Mom very serious. Some may say I over think it. Most Moms I know take their job and treat it with quite a bit of thought. Still I get naysayers. I choose to be a strict parent. I grew up with strict parents. I guide them, as much as I can,in what they see; movies, TV, Books, and on the computer. I talk to them at length about what they hear and say and what those things mean to them and how they will effect them and others.


Now you may say,"Laurene, come on, you can't keep them from the world."I say, "Why throw them to the world while they are young." 'Teach correct principles and let them govern themselves.' Why fill their minds with the endless minutia of the mundane and the degradation that society heaves at them. Why not stop and weed out all the things that are not "virtuous, lovely or of good report" There is plenty of time for them to be desensitized to the things of the world. So many worldly things pass as acceptable, because they have been spoon fed to us so slowly, that we don't even see the danger.{Flaxen Cord}


I hope that as I teach my children what the is "virtuous,Lovely, and of good report" They will seek after these things. I hope they will learn to react to things that offend the spirit and flee from them.



0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-