- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, May 4

Zelda......For the piano?

Jack and Sam had their spring recital. They played a duet "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" And Jack played the theme to "Zelda". I wish you could hear it but We live where the Internet connection is not fast enough. If you have the game just turn it on don't skip the intro, listen to the music and that is it. Imagine listening to this over and over for 6 weeks. Imagine playing it over and over. The son g was pretty complicated with lots of incidentals, almost every other note, Jack did have fun with it.


Sam played the "Marines Hymn",he did well considering he forgot his music. Most of the time the music is memorized, but with duets and some solos they have the option of having the music. Sam forgot to bring it. He mentioned this half way to the recital. I told him he would just have to do it without the music. He had been playing this song for over a month and I knew he could do it. It was a little rough, but he made it through.


3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Hooray for piano players. All of my kids took lessons......Denton and Chelsea can still play. Denton was my star pianist...and he begged me to quit when was 10. Hold the line....he will be grateful in a few years. They may not all play but having Denton play has been a joy in my life and I think in his. Greg still plays for priesthood....which I think is amazing since I don't think I have ever seen him practice in 35 years of marriage.....I guess his mom making him practice did him in.....so I refuse to be his mother...at least when it comes to piano playing.

Cristy said...

The boys look very, very handsome! Great job!

ShelleyG said...

I think it is so great that the boys play piano! That is a skill that will serve them well thru their whole lives (not to mention every priesthood quorum they ever belong to!). What good looking young men!!

-
-
- -
- -
-