- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, June 8

Flying Aces



After a very long night and early morning we arrived in Utah. We Drove to DC Thursday night and stayed in a hotel.{thank you Greg and Suzi for the help} We checked in at 10:30pm and checked out at 4:00am. We all got about 4 hours of sleep. Because the kids were so excited they didn't seem to mind the lack of sleep. We got through security fine, the shoe thing was a little bit of a hassle, specially when your kids think they need to remove their sweaty socks too. Imagine me carrying most of the bags and holding Claire's hand ready to go through the machine and turn around to see two of them taking off their socks, while the line gets longer behind us.



The tram ride to the gate was fun for them, Blake and Claire couldn't wait to get on the plane. Blake as constantly asking me.Once on, Claire fell asleep, Blake did not. He kept grabbing me to look out the window at every cloud, farm, road, or town, he was loving it.





Sam and Jack sat together. They mostly played their hand held games. As we flew over Denver and then landed, they all wanted to stay in Denver. I too wish we could have visited. Never enough time.


Blake and Claire were bummed to know that we would be getting on another plane. They were tired and done with travel. One quick story;Claire heard the noise the landing gear makes as the plane gets ready to land, and she said"Oh, Mom .... There are elephants on the plane. They are in the back."...... We made it. My mom and Dad were there to help us,big hugs all around.



2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

So glad you arrived safe and sound. Sound like it all went pretty well. It was weird not seeing you in the back at church. Will Skip me here next Sunday? I wanted to invite him to dinner for Father's Day. I left a message on your home phone.

Hope the week goes great. It is unbearably hot here until Wednesday when it is suppose to rain.

Miss you..glad you are still blogging.

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

you're so good to take pictures during the flight. I have never done that, because I'm always so frazzled and exhausted to think about pulling out my camera! that, and if the kids are sleeping, I'm afraid the flash will wake them up.... I'm not a risk taker! :)
have fun!
~kalisi

-
-
- -
- -
-