- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, June 20

temples


I have lived in several places in the country. I have attended the Church in several different states. What I have found, is that the church is true and the same no matter where you are. The same principles and ordinances are practiced, you have the people of the church trying to do their best to love and serve each other, there are always some that have chosen to go away from the church and live on a different path. There are others, sadly, for some reason that choose to go to church and stand as a judge against others actions and others that attend on Sunday but don't live what they profess during the week. This happens world wide, not just in Utah. I choose to believe that the majority of people are trying their best, and that they can and are progressing through the myriad of trials that we all have. Even in UTAH.


I say Utah, because no matter where I live, people of the church bash Utah and Utah Mormons. This drives me insane. It really bugs me. I have family members that are faithful members of the church, that love and serve others, that are trying to live as the Lord would have them. They live in UTAH! They are by no means perfect, for that matter neither am I, but they do live in Utah. The Prophet of our church lives in Utah. I know many people with sons, daughters,sisters, brothers, aunts , uncles, nieces, and nephews, the list goes on forever. These relatives are alot of the time faithful members of the church. With all these good people that we love and respect, don't you think that there must be some good active Mormons in Utah. Don't you think there are alot of good things going on in Utah. For that matter don't you think that there are alot of good, kind, generous,and loving non-members in Utah? I have found this to be the case also.


All this said, I have to say I am always amazed at how many church buildings there are here and more going up. The biggest thing that amazes me are the number of Temples to the Lord there are in the Salt Lake area. There must be a need for more temples. There are two Temples under construction and one that the church is looking in to, to be anounced later. You can stand in one place and see three Temples. This is wonderful. Think of all the work that is being done by these faithful members, here in Utah.


I took the boys to the American Fork Temple on Thursday Morning. We try to take donuts and sit in front of the Temple and watch the people come and go. We talk about the Temple and try to bask in the spirit that you can feel at all of the Temples. While we are in Utah we will try to go to as many of them as we can.




When we drove up to the Temple, I noticed the Parking lots on all side were bursting at the seams. The parking lot was huge. In front of the temple grounds, crews were manicering the lawn and gardens of the Temple. I talked to one of them and commented on how wonderul it was that the Temple was so busy today. She told me it was like this everyday. I asked my mother and she said the same. No wonder they need more temples here, the saints are at work. In UTAH! I felt the spirit overcome me. I knew I was blessed, to be here, at this time, to witness to my kids of the blessings of the temple.




2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

You go girl.......I am glad you can recognize the good there. I have lots of fmaily there and my mother was born and raised there. There are many good members of the church there. Anywhere there is a hig concentration of one thing, there are cultural difficulties. I see some of the same probelms in Utah also in Idaho and Arizona.... mostly things people tell me that live in those areas...but hey..there are some kind of problems everywhere you go. I love living in the mission field but appreciate all the good that is in Utah. Three of my kids married people from Utah.The temple thing with your kids sounds great.

Did you get my email about switching recipe club to wednesday's.....waiting to hear from you before I decide. Let me know.

Miss you..hope you are having fun. suz

George and Eva Ross said...

What a fun activity! It is so cool for the kids to see the temples and understand their significance.
It is so different here because so many people haven't seen or been to the temple. They can't attend the temple at the closest temple, which is in Venezuela. It isn't safe to be in Venezula and travel across country to the temple. It might even be a visa thing. They have to go to the Dominican Republic temple.

-
-
- -
- -
-