- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, July 12

Traffic School

I spent pretty much the whole day in traffic school. I was not to excited to go, but we all must pay our dues. This punishment, as I was told by the teacher of the class, was to teach me to obey the law and help me to remember that driving is a privilege not a right.

I arrived with a book and thought I would be able to read. The teacher said no one could read, sleep, or anything else. She wanted to see the whites of our eyes at all times. I thought this lady is tough. You know, traffic school is not free. You pay for the whole eight hours and in return you earn points back on your Virginia driving record. Plus your record is clean.

What did I learn? Quite a bit. For instance did you know many people don't realize there is actually a speed limit. Some people think the signs are just a suggestion. Also interesting is that many people have a lot of rage inside them and they carry weapons in their cars. Some people think it is their duty to police others, and that is why they get in the left hand lane and go really slow to keep others in check. This made me a little nervous. What I also learned is that is that people are habitual offenders and go to traffic school over and over. Bizarre! One guy had been to this particular Lady's class 3 times. She was a good teacher, but come on. Did you know you should put someone in your cell phone under the name ICE " In Case of Emergency" that is what paramedics are looking for when they look on your phone for someone to help.

This teacher was very entertaining. She had a vast knowledge of the rules of driving. I always find it interesting to see why people are in the profession they are. I mean how do you set out to be in the driving school buisness. I asked her and got an interesting story. You should try it people have great stories.

I have decided to slow down { I had already been trying to do this} Hopefully, I won't be talking to anymore police officers outside my car window.

I came home and took a little nap, then made some dinner and some homemade bread. Haircuts for the boys ,by Skip. Then baths and off to bed.

1.Cars

2.Ability to hear

3.Homemade bread

1 comments:

Cristy said...

I have an ICE number...though I don't
know if they will actually look...is it a myth?

-
-
- -
- -
-