- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, August 3

Vacation Sunday

Last night we got blasted with a summer storm. Thunder, lightening and sheets of rain. I was kept awake all night. Then the electricity went out and it began to get warm. Luckily the power came back on in time to get ready for church.



We attended the Nags head Ward. This ward is very small in numbers, but big on spirit. They welcome tons of visitors every week. I went into the nursery with Claire and was able to talk to a sister that was helping out in there. She said they love having visitors because it helps to build testimony's of the members there, as many are converts and have never been around allot of saints . I found this curious, because it seems like it would be challenging every week to not know how many people were going to be in all the meetings. I felt the spirit so strongly in Sunday School and Relief Society, that I felt up lifted. It is wonderful to know that no matter where I go to church the spirit is the same.


I really do look forward to the Sabbath. It brings me hope,comfort, and a since of safety. I learn something every time I go.







Tonight after fascinating conversation, we went crabbing. It was so much fun. Jack was brave and grabbed as many big ones as he could. Sam was brave till he got pinched. Blake followed the crabs around with a flash light, which he loved and Claire did fine and was fascinated till someone stuck a crab bucket full of crabs in her face. Then she was done.

4 comments:

Cristy said...

Looks and sounds fun! you looks cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Jacks headlight. Perfect for crabbing.
Maryann

Suzie Soda said...

Glad you are having fun. We missed you Sunday.

We had a busy weekend. My friend came Thursday overnight from out of town. Then I went to Costco to buy the food for the YSA dance.....then went to the YSA dance Friday night....I danced for 2 hours to the band and could barely walk in the end. I went to Claires jewelry party...did Sat. chores. My 2 nieces and a husband and 2 twins came to stay. Went out to dinner and played games.Greg taught Gospel doctrine and did his persoanl history in HP, I taught YW..then home to cook a big dinner for the crew. Lindsay and Regan left to go back to NC. It is quiet now and I am exhausted.

When do you come home?

ShelleyG said...

I LOVE going to other wards. It is always fun to learn the same Gospel wherever you go and to find a body of people that hold the same ideals as you. It looks like you are having a great time! The beach is fun! Is the water warm or cold?

-
-
- -
- -
-