- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, August 2

OBX...The Beach




We left yesterday for our drive to the beach. Leaving at 2 pm we planned on a 3-4 hour trip. Traffic was terrible at all points north of the tide water bridge and our drive turned into a 6 hour trip. I was not prepared. No snacks. No extra games. No toys. NO CHOCOLATE!!! {I did however, have Motrin and I needed it.} We were almost to our destination and Claire was extremely cranky. Claire needed her fix and so did I. I remembered Jack packed the DVDs and yes BLUES CLUES was in the mix. Thank you Jack.



We made it to the beach house and we were all very happy. Sad also, because Aunt Maryann and family were not there. Would it be the same with out them?



The first day the water was calm, really calm, lake like. The weather was warm and muggy slight breeze from the land not the sea. The flys and jelly fish were biting. Never the less, we made the best of the day. All my boys went into the water. Claire did not want to at all. She played in the baby pool and was quite content.








Now the adults are playing "Loot". Me, I am blogging, anti social that is me.I need to join in the pirate fun.

1.Ocean

2.lighting

3. sunscreen

2 comments:

Lewismom said...

Hi you anit-social, blogger mom! It looks like the kids are really enjoying the beach. Hope you guys have a SUPER time!
Mom

Cristy said...

Looks so fun! I see that Claire got new sunglasses. I have to tell you we found her Hello Kitty glasses in the stroller a little while ago. Let me know if you want me to send them back
to her! 5 hrs with no snacks=crabby kids! I have to have a snack to drive to Salt Lake.

-
-
- -
- -
-