- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, September 15

Eat Meat Sparingly

For the past 18 years I have not eaten red meat. It is not because I am a animal rights activist or anything. I just saw some news program that really grossed me out so I stopped. I have tried numerous times to try and eat red meat, but to no avail. I just get sick every time. I don't eat pork either. I do dabble in bacon. I consider it a seasoning.


I believe the " Word of Wisdom" states that we should eat meat sparingly. I think I try to do this. It is a little hard when you live with a carnivore. I try to have at least three nights a week meatless. We do toastadas, salads,... Tonight we had Sweet potato fries ,salad , strawberries, and oven roasted chick peas. The kids all ate it up. Skip was not here he came home and devoured Tonies pizza rolls.




We eat alot of grains and fruits. Veggies are a little harder to get them to eat. I put them in a smoothie. We have been eating these smoothies for about nine months and I think they really make a difference. I feel more energized. I hope that I am getting calcium into Claire through these smoothies. Kale and spinach are both good sources of calcium and she gets a cup of fresh greens everyday.

So to meat, which I do enjoy, I will try and eat less of you and hopefully feel stronger like Daniel of old.

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Just caught up on all your posts..I have been off blogging for a week on my trip. I am going to try to eat less meat. Love that blond hair..almost didin't recognzie you.

-
-
- -
- -
-