- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, October 3

My game Face!

Being a mom is so fun! We go from one drill to the next, hopefully with a smile on our face. I usually have a slight grimace. I am working on this , but it is just my game face. Today, as I cleaned my bathroom, yes, it was an all day effort. I find that when you clean the bathroom in stages the bleach doesn't go to your head as much and I am able to save some of my priceless brain cells that I might need at a later date. In one of my said stages I assigned Blake to clean the full length mirror attached to the door. I gave him some direction, paper towels, some vinegar and water. "Go to it." I said. Then Sam and I laid down on my bed to read. I figured Blake would be busy for a while.

I try to read with Sam in fifteen minute increments. As we read, Blake would peak his head out of the bathroom and give us updates on his progress, like "This vinegar and water stuff really works." " Mom did you know you have black marks on your mirror?"" Don't worry Mom I got it." This progress was taking quite a while. After Sam and I finished reading, Blake was still working away.So Sam decided to read from another book and Blake continued on his task. Finally Blake was done.

Blake came out of the bathroom with a big smile"You can really see yourself now, Mom!" As I glanced in the bathroom I noticed a huge pile of paper towels and an empty card board roll. {I gave him a brand new roll of paper towels to start off with and the mirror is not the size of the wall} "Blake, Thanks, it looks really good. Did you use the whole roll of paper towels?" I asked { It was rather obvious } "Yes, but look how great it looks and I needed all those paper towels it is a big mirror you know." said Blake with pride. Sam pipes in " I could easily clean that mirror with out using the whole roll. " SAM DON'T BRAG!"Blake says with disgust. "Sam." I say with a serious look{Grimace} on my face" Blake did a great job."

_________________________________________________________________

On another fun note,I have been killing little ants in my house all summer and even today I resolutely killed more ants, I do it every day!Something tells me they are out for pay back........ I was hooking up our trailer to the van this afternoon. A friend of ours needed it. He was standing right there talking to me as I was kneeling down in the gravel to get it all hooked up. When I stood up I felt something bite me on my wrist. I looked down and I saw about five to eight tiny little ants on my shirt crawling up my arm. { Have I ever mention I HATE ANTS!!!!!!!!} As I brushed them off, rather quickly, I looked down and noticed my jeans were curiously moving and not by me. I was covered with ants at least a hundred. UGH! Creepy, is not even close to what I felt. I immediately started brushing them off. {Of course, I was wearing jeans with holes in the knees so they were going up my legs and biting me.} Well, my friend was standing right there , a Man, so I couldn't rip off my pants . What to do? Stay calm and act like I'm cool with it, just another incident in the life of a Mom, as I am freaking out on the inside. I walk inside really fast and quickly check out my body to make sure I am ant free. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THESE ANTS! THEY ARE IN MY HOUSE AND IN MY PANTS! I AM SICK OF ANTS! I still have my Mom grimace on my face. I will have to work on that smile more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurene! You've been tagged! See my blog for details!

Laurene Ross said...

Darcy, if your there where is your blog? I can't find The sassy quilter.

-
-
- -
- -
-