- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, October 4

Tagged By Darcy!

I have been "TAGGED", Darcy, http://sassyquilts.squarespace.com/blog/2008/10/4/tagged.html which my husband refers to as some sort of modern day chain letter. I think it is kind of fun! For those of you that don't know me you get hear some weird, crazy facts about me. {just what you have been hoping for I know, especially since I am so weird}

1. I smell everything, laundry, towels, kids hair, their breath, forks, all flatware, carpets, this computer keyboard, pillows{ a given} and everything and anything I think may smell bad. I am on a mission to bleach it, wash it, spray it, scrub it and make it smell good!

2.Speaking of Scrubbing, I am a big fan of "Scrubbing myself down" I mean scrubbing the cellulite away. Every time I get a shower I use a luffa with a body scrub or liquid soap and apply as much pressure as I can{ not enough to bruise yourself} and scrub my upper legs and and upper arms in small circles,with pressure to stimulate the blood flow to my skin and thus getting more oxygen to the upper layers of the skin. It takes about 3 min extra, but it is well worth the effort. Other added bonuses to this are, the building up of muscle in the upper arms as you apply the pressure and you are burning calories with this small work out. Tip- If you stand on one leg and lift the other while you scrub you can strengthen those core muscles a little. Did you realize a shower could be so much more!

3.LOTION! I LOVE IT! While it is true that I wash my hands a hundred times a day, because I don't like anything that smalls bad or anything dirty on them. I love lotion and I lotion everything down every day. MY WHOLE BODY! not an inch gets ignored. {to much info? Sorry just a little beauty tip.} My children get it to. Do they love it? Claire certainly does, who wouldn't? The boys , OK, they tolerate it. Skip thinks it is crazy. They will all thank me later when their skin is in great condition as they age.

4. I shoot baskets five times a week for twenty minutes. I practice my fake outs and my MOVES. Oh yea, I got moves. I also practice my free throws, because dang it! they are free and this shot should have a high percentage. You know what I mean.... YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT GET INTO A GAME! I am waiting , but prepared.

5.Is this weird? I scrub the dishes till they are completely clean and then load them in to the dish washer from the back to the front.

6.Listen, I do so many weird things; Checking the doors twelve times to make sure they are locked, Vacuuming two to three times a day, checking on my kids several time a night to make sure they are Okay, straighting like a crazy woman, there are so many things I can't list them all.

7. Number #6 leads me to "SELF TALK". My favorite thing. I have a whole host of issues { I am sure everyone does} I just have to talk to myself in my head { this goes on all day} If I do this talk and tell myself I don't need to do such and such or I can leave it for later or it doesn't matter, I can get on without checking the door but once or twice. I can get through so much more. It takes time and some times I really have to concentrate, but I have been able to over come many things with this therapy. It does make for some interesting conversations with myself though. It relives some stress.

Okay, now you know a little bit more about the strange ways of Laurene. Your turn. I am not sure how to embed links. I am so computer illiterate. I will work this out soon. Give me a second.

Cristy- Sister

Tami-Friend

Michelle-Sister-in Law

Marissa- Friend

Suzi- Friend

KaLisi-Friend

Staci-Friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along! Helps me feel better because dang it, we all miss you guys!

Cristy said...

k, I will get to this some time this week. Promise.

-
-
- -
- -
-