- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, October 9

The Farming Game

To farm or not to farm, that is the question. Would I be good farmers wife? I think farmers get up early, right? I mean before the crack of dawn. { I am trying desperately to get up this early to exercise...NOT HAPPENING!} Maybe if my Farmer husband dragged me out of my REM sleep stupor I Could get up.

Really, this is the time when I have the best dreams { Like this morning around 2:15 Claire comes a gets in bed with me. Then just as I am back to sleep, you know where you can feel the euphoria of drowsiness, you are dreaming away feeling like all that is happening is totally real, about 2:55, that was the last time I looked at the clock, I hear from some where in the distance,"Mom, Mom blah, blah, blah bed" I couldn't understand the voice completely, because I was laying completely straight, with my hands at my sides, paralyzed, staring at the ceiling, under the impression for some reason that if I moved I would break the wizards spell and the mouse under my bed would get free.... To much fantasy reading I guess. Anyways, after what seemed like forever I finally realized it was okay to move, and I didn't think there really was a mouse under my bed, although I still wasn't sure...I would have to chance it. One of my boys it seems, had been dreaming too and was a little to far into it. He had mistakenly thought he went to the bathroom, ...well, you can guess the rest. I was changing sheets at 3:15 in the morning.

If I were a farmers wife I would just stay up and whip up some fresh biscuits and gravy for my man and chillins. Then bake up some fresh bread. Have the kitchen all clean and ready to go. Step out to my over abundant garden to pick fresh veggies as I watch the sun rise. Alas, I am only dreaming... More like a nightmare to me. After scooting the deep, dreaming, peeing boy back to bed I was in for some more serious dreams. Which I never want to miss. It only took about 25 min to fall back to sleep. La,La land here I come. This dream was a little more fuzzy for some reason, but I was tied up and worried about my fate, sence a theme?


What brought this up. We have been studying farming and 'The Agricultural Revolution". The boys have found it interesting and Sam remembered a tool that was very important to farming, Joseph Smith{ the actor} used it in the movie "The First Vision" to plant seeds with. The 'seed drill'. He also remembered that Grandma Lewis had it on her wall. COOL!!!

We played "The Farming Game" A game invented on a tractor. It is a mix of 'Life', 'Monopoly' and a lesson in agriculture economics. We had allot of fun. Blake was the "Mad Farmer " as he kept loosing money to acts of nature ruining his crops. Of course I read or interpreted the rules wrong, but don't worry Jack was there to correct me.

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

What a night! I never dream about farming.xoxoxo

ShelleyG said...

I lOVE the Farming Game! We had it during my teen years and I would play it with our neighbor for HOURS!! Fun! Where did you buy it?

-
-
- -
- -
-