- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, October 10

Trying Desparetly to....

I was up before dawn. Claire did not eat any of the wonderful dinner I so lovingly prepared last night{RICE, why do I try?}. In fact, only Skip and I ate more than a mouse. She was there by starving at 6:30 in the am. She whined me out of bed. I fed her and smiled at her. She was happy. At 7:15 we went back to bed. {I know, don't say it} Well, she watched "Blues Clues" while I snoozed.

Back up at 8:15. Ready for the day. I had great plans for the morning. First up, check the school note book for our plans today, make blender pancakes, I added banana, pretty tasty. Then as I cooked the pancakes, I proceeded to make a green smoothie for all of us. I added quite a bit of greens and the smoothie ended up all the way to the tip top of the blender. I thought to myself, " Careful,careful." As I turned the knob ever so slowly, my hands slipped and turned it to full blast. Smoothie all over my kitchen.{ And no the smoothie did not hit the ceiling like at Suzi's. I guess the smoothie trajectory is changed if you stick a knife in it} Did I swear ,no. Did I laugh, no. I was silent. The kids on the other hand were making all sorts of noise," Wow, Mom what a mess... You really did it this time...this will take forever to clean up!" "Yes it will." I thought.



I was covered in purplish, green from head to toe. I ripped off my whiter than white hoody, which happens to be my favorite. It was covered in smoothie. Quickly I started dousing it with cold water. The purple disappeared but the green just got brighter and brighter. Vinegar and baking Soda are on the job as we speak.

Of course I burned the pancakes.




Can you see a difference? I used a tooth brush and dental floss to get all the nook's and cranny's.




I took at least an hour. I will try and keep my school books off the counter while cooking.

_______________________________________________________________
Hey, who bought that bread? {Skip?} Do my kids like it?{ Maybe?} Is it nutritious?{ It says so on the pkg, must be true.}

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Oh my gosh. I hate that when something like that happens.......part of cooking, I guess. There ia some libility when you electronic appliances. Glad it only took an hour to clean-up. xoxoxoxo

Cristy said...

Sorry about the hoodie...hope the green comes out. Too bad for the pancakes too. This was NOT your morning!!!
As for the kids....ugh..that is so frustrating to hear it from them. I swear they know just when to rub in your mistakes.
Wished you were there at Reba/Kelly Clarkson. They were awesome!!! Missed ya!

ShelleyG said...

That must be some potent smoothie! Thank goodness there is always tomorrow! :) You need to come stay with us and teach me to BLEND!

-
-
- -
- -
-