- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, October 27

Grating on my Nerves

Aah yes, the grating of the potato, a chore that I anticipate with the eagerness of a snail. Yet my son could not wait to get his hands on the grater. He went to work with such vigor. I had to restrain him at times,... because I was afraid that he would slice his fingers open. I love the eagerness that my children have when they are about to learn a new skill. They tell me," I know, I know,"as I give them play by play instructions.

If you know why do you insist on putting your thumb in front of the blade. I'm not...I know this will take an hour, we have time.


As the sink piles high with potato peelings...Yuck, I know, I know!
This is where gratitude comes in. Every house I have lived in has had a garbage disposal.

This one, you guessed it does not. Do you know how much self talk I go through everyday as I clean out the sink? It is not just me, Sam winces as I tell him, "Go scrape your plate into the trash or fish out the Mini Wheat's you didn't eat, that are soggy as all get out and put them in the trash." Huge sigh from Sam. It is gross.

So we should eat everything off our bowl/plate, take smaller portions, and be grateful for the hands that we have to clean the sink out
.{My kids love this logic}

You out there, that simply are going through the motions, cleaning out your sink, jamming all those food scraps down the garbage disposal, with no thought as to where your scraps of food are going. Count your blessings.

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

You are too funny. I will appreciate my garbage disposal more. xoxoxo

Cristy said...

Thought of you as I saw if a banana peel had any trouble down there this afternoon. Didn't get clogged at all!! Yippee!

ShelleyG said...

I too appreciate the garbage disposal. I have this weird thing of not liking to touch food put in the sink. Way to peel though!!

-
-
- -
- -
-