- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, October 18

Kid in A Candy {Lego} Shop


Have you ever wondered what it means to be a kid in a candy shop? I have, the thing is candy really doesn't move me. {Now some good skin care that moves me.} Anyway, today was Blake's birthday and a Temple Day. We needed to go to D.C. for the Temple and that pretty much takes most of the day. Blake's life blood is Lego's. We found out where the LEGO store was located in the D.C.area. {Thank you Beth And Jeremy} Then, I asked Blake last night before he went to bed{ big mistake} "Would you like to go to the LEGO store and pick out your own present?" He said with a big smile"YES!" {It was a mistake, because Sam and him were so excited that they could not go to sleep. Some where around 11:00 they fell asleep}

Skip and I enjoyed the Temple. Our friend Beth watched our kids and her kids at the park for four hours. THANK YOU, BETH! The kids had a blast playing and getting dirty. I wanted to take some spectacular pictures at the Temple...it didn't happen. Some things that are important to the Mom get pushed aside.

Off to the LEGO store we went. Every five minutes we were serenaded with the throngs of," How much longer and is Ethan going to be there?" {Ethan is Beth's son}. This went on FOREVER according to Blake. Then the big pay off, THE LEGO STORE in all its glory...Hallelujah!


So many items, so little time. I do not like to shop. Aunt Maryann could of come in handy here. I tried to channel Aunt Maryann's fun and shopping skills. Not easy. We stayed in the store for an hour. That is along time. In my words FOREVER...

Blake narrowed it down, with the help of Sam, to two different sets. This is quite a feat. This store is crazy. I like a store with two maybe three choices. Hundreds to choose from! I finally pushed him to the one I thought would work out and he was pleased as punch.

The great thing is, {this is where the channeling Aunt Maryann came in handy or maybe it was just luck.} It was double punch day. What is double punch day you ask? Well, you get a frequent shopper punch card and they punch it for every 10 dollars you spend, after twenty punches you get a ten dollar gift certificate, Score! add it all up, because of double punch day, we get to spend ten more dollars on Blake. {The little spoiled one, not really it is his birthday} I turned around from the register, handed him the gift card and said,"Blake here you go. You can spend this now or wait." Silly, Silly Mom, of course he wants to spend it now, which he did, again with Sam's wise counsel.






Beth and Jeremy and the kids joined us for dinner. They made Blake's birthday even more special. After dinner we drove home. I truly believe that those Lego packages must ooze some pheromone that makes kids giddy beyond all get out. Two hours in a dark car and then to be told; No, you can't play with them when we get home because it will be late and No, not right when you get up because we have early church. The kid was dying a slow Lego induced death.

When I put him in bed after a quick bath, I told him I loved him and how much he meant to me. He responded as only a happy Six year old can, with a big bear hug and I love you, all the words that makes Moms melt. He really knows how to handle me.

I really secretly did enjoy that shopping trip. Don't tell anyone!





_________________________________________________





Claire didn't get anything, although she was shopping pretty hard.



0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-