- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, October 19

Marrow Suckers

One sometimes wonders, is this the beginning of the end. To what am I referring? Could be the state of are nation, the financial crisis, the gas prices, definition of marriage ....Blake and Sam's explosion of Lego's all over their floor, to which, if I step on one more it will be the beginning of the end for them and their Lego's...dang, they hurt!

As I've been thinking about the beginning of the end{such a lite hearted subject} I was reminded today that it will end for us all at some point. It does seem rather long and drug out occasionally, but most of the time to me it seems to fly by. This life is just a brief stop in our immortality. We need to grab life by the horns, and suck out the marrow... What the heck? Am I a marrow sucker? The jury is still out. There are many forces out there that try to mire us in woe and self serving causes. I occasionally get sucked into these.

Today, I listened to talks given in my church about reverence and its relationship to revelation, Commandments and there relationship to freedom, sacrifice and its relationship to being sanctified, living with in our means and its relationship to how our children will perceive their wants and desires, loving and its relationship to purifying our souls, and leaving this life and Its relationship to our Savior. I was struck with tears as we sang " God Be With YOU" to Brother and Sister Melvin Hammond, our Temple President and his wife. Again I was stuck to tears as I listened, with new ears of the story of Lazarus in the New Testament. There are no words I can use to fully describe my feelings.

I love my Savior. Everyday I see the world in two views. One view is of its dramatic beauty, all the creations around me. Not just the earth and nature, but people in all their variety. I see smiles, loving families, friends, strangers, things created by them, service they give and the happiness that radiates from them. I feel hope. I feel love.

The other is a view to dismal to describe. I see a plan that I was offered before coming to this earth, by a loving Father, turned into something strange and unrecognizable. It makes me sad, worried, fearful, wanting to turn and run.

I turn instead to prayer, faith, and knowing that I can make a difference in this fantastic world. I can add to the hope. I can add to the love. I can help my children feel safe in their knowledge of a loving Savior that sacrificed all so that we will live again, no matter what this life's journey may bring. I can suck the marrow and teach my kids to be suckers too.{the little suckers} To act and not be acted upon. To engage this life and reverence the the Creator and the Created. To sacrifice all worldly means, as Job, to claim eternity. To love with no bounds, enlarging their world scope. To know their Savior, his plan and not be afraid to stand up to the unrecognizable world some wolfs profess as better, and with integrity say No, I will not settle I will fight for the eternal plan I know to be true.

This may sound elitist and improbable, But as I have said I seek for all good things and I have the means to know whether a thing be good or not so good. I also have the means to fall and get back up again and try. I can also act the part of speaking up for what I know is true, til I can over come my shyness and be given the voice I need to strengthen His cause. I fall and fall again, but I will get up.

As I write this I know that I am quite inept at writing and conveying my thoughts. This whole process is an exercise to help me better my communication skills and organize my thoughts.

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Wow..so deep and thought provoking. My posts today were about Halloween..what does that say about me?
but I did have a good YSA meeting ( 2nd of 3 this month) to do my little part in buidling the kingdom.
Times does go fast..the older you get. Somedays I want to stop the clock....others I want to speed it up.
You are doing great and trying hard, More power to you. xoxoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-