- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, November 28

The Day After

The morning after and I am feeling sluggish! I ate too much, but it was all sooo good. The wild rice dressing was delicious, as was every thing else. I will defiantly make roasted sweet potatoes with a balsamic glaze next year and maybe even next week. We are feasting on Jeremy's rolls for breakfast. The kids requested them. I am happy to aqueous.




The kitchen doesn't look too shabby. I ran one load of dishes and then left the rest {rinsed and scraped} for this morning. I am avoiding the whole thing by typing this. Really, I won't apologize for the mess. It is organized, counters all bleached and I am all about self talk. I had two families and the Elders over last night. Who wants to be stuck in the kitchen while the rest of the people are visiting and having fun. Not Me!

We had a great time eating. Everyone brought scrumptious fare and most of it was devoured. We have hardly any left overs, except pie. Yeah! Jack made a yummy strawberry fiz drink to enjoy with our pie. Which all slurped up. He is really getting into cooking lately.

The kids watched WALL-E while the grown -ups kept the Elders busy playing games. It was hard not to get drawn into the movie, because the kids were laughing so hard.{ Maybe they were feeding off each other...Ya think?... It got kind of crazy.}

After everyone left , around 9:30, we put the kiddos to bed and Skip too. He had to be up with the crazies this morning. I think he left around 4:30 am. It's all about the work, keeping "The Man" happy and me for that matter. I am used to a certain life style you know. Thanks Skip for working so hard. Now come home and take a nap!

I know some of you had a fantastic, if not memorableThanksgiving day. Share, Share I want to know. I am looking for new and exciting recipes. I am sure you must have some great ideas and different traditions then we do. Help me to make next year even better!

3 comments:

ShelleyG said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We miss you

Anonymous said...

We had a great Thanksgiving over at Mom's house. I think its hard on all of our spouses to enjoy some holidays with such a big family. Can you just picture Mom and Dad's if all 11 of us lived here with our husbands, wives, and all 29 grandkids (insane).
Rob, myself, Kathy, Richard, and Cristy, along with spouses, children and various visiting people all went to Mom and Dad's. All furniture was moved out to the walls so places could be set for 30 or so. The food was wonderful,(it's great to have such wonderful cooks in the family). Even Shane said that after everyone finally set down, it wasn"t as chaotic as he thought. Even after 20yrs, it still something to get used to.
A big thanks should go to Mom and Dad for setting up all the tables and doing a great job with all the organizing. I guess after 45yrs together you learn a thing or two.

Laurene Ross said...

That is so awesome I wish I could have been there, seriously!

-
-
- -
- -
-