- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, November 29

The Tree


I love real trees. They are fresh, green, and very Christmasy.

Every year for the past eleven, we have hiked into the woods and emerged victorious with a beautiful tree. It usually takes about half the day to drive, pick out the tree, and set it up.{ this was the case in Colorado. Now that we have moved to Virginia things are a bit different.} Last year we drove to a tree farm. The drive lasted one hour. We picked a tree in five minutes. Very anticlimactic. So this year we made a trip to the neighborhood tree lot. Drive: Three minutes. Picked the tree: Three minutes. Pictures and paying: fifteen minutes

The ride to the lot was long and stressful, luckily there were no break downs.

Sam was on a mission. He was also mad that I made him wear a red shirt. You will see this in several pictures. I had a color scheme going. Work with me buddy.

Smile guys, Sam still ticked. We had a talk.

Skip and Claire on the hunt.

Claire loved all the short trees. She picked out several for us to take home.

Sorry Claire, but the tree needs to be so big you can't wrap your arms around it.

Three minutes and we have a winner.{Sam still a little miffed}

Happy faces! I did tickle a smile out of Sam and he ended up enjoying himself.

The job of getting the tree in the house is Skip's.

The lights are up to me.

I know these pictures are not great { old camera ya know, doesn't work quite well.} The kids had a great time decorating after I got the lights up.

Blake giving Claire some decorating pointers. He is a pro at this. He has been decorating for years!

I love this little fairy, Claire's special ornament last year.

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-