- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, November 26

Food

As you know tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I love this holiday with all the thankfulness and yummy food. My kids know its a day to really gussy up and make the house shine.{ also be Thankful} So what do you think they are up to now? Piano, math and CHORES. Yes, the dreaded chores. Look, we all have a part to play and for right now their part are my "House Keeping Minions",.....mwawhaahaawhwahhHa.! I am the evil queen you know.




Now that my house is getting all spiffied up, I will turn my attention to the delicious food that will be gobbled up tomorrow.
I have all my fruits and veggies ready to go. Bean, Cranberries, Grapes, apples and lots of onion and parsley.
First up, "Wild Rice Dressing with Apples and Cranberries" tossed with some Water Cress. This is a new item on my ever changing menu.I will let you know how it fares. I think it sounds lovely. but really who cares about the name. it is all about the palate baby!

The traditional stuffing is next. That's right I like to give that turkey the good stuff. I know some may scoff at filling that big bird full of bread and all manner of yumminess. Truly it is the only way to eat stuffing. This is Sour Dough, Wheat bread, Sage stuffing with Portabella and Porchnni Mushrooms..... Did some one just sigh?.. Ya, I know the feeling. Come and join us won't you?

To the real veggies, we will have the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash{ which is already roasted to perfection. I was tempted to make a "Butternut Squash Southwestern Soup". I resisted the type A urge with all my might and I will go more simple.}

This is one of my favorite recipes"Green beans with a White Balsamic Glaze", sprinkled with sliced almonds and bacon. How can you go wrong with bacon. It is the ultimate spice!


Now all you need to do is jump on a plane and join the fun here in Virginia. This is where it really began you know. Plymouth has nothing on Jamestown.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Sounds good to me but will your kids eat it??

Laurene Ross said...

No,No,No, my kids will not eat hardly anything on Thanksgiving. They will partake of the rolls and dabble in all others. A bite here and a bite there, Then on to the pie!

Suzie Soda said...

Sounds fabulous. Hope yoiu have a wonderful day.
xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-