- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, November 8

Party or not to Party

So I have a problem.... this kid has been to several fun themed birthday parties. Why is this a problem?

Blake's birthday was in Oct. I told him I would have a birthday party with friends for him. Has this happened? No! I have tried to plan it. I Came up with a theme, Blake helped with this.I went to the trouble to figure out what I would need, and how the logistics of the party would play out.{ I am not too into it. It is allot of work and he already received some great presents. Does he really need more? So many others are in need, do I gorge my child on a euphoria of me, me, me? I mean we gave him a great day. He said it was the best birthday ever.}Plus, every weekend there is something else going on. The calender is full. Now it is almost a month later and we are getting further and further away from his birthday. What to do?

I feel totally lame. He has only brought it up once or twice. Do I pursue this or plan a party for a month like.....perhaps Jan. or maybe April {half birthday} or just call it a day?

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Just call it a day...seriously. A month out is too far. I have had this happen to my girls. Other things get in the way and sometimes I'm just not that organized.
My opinion only.

Lewismom said...

If you PROMISED him that he would get a birthday party, then you better keep that promise. If it was just a thing you were talking about or you said maybe, no problem. Maybe you are thinking too big, maybe you should make a short list of short kids and have a short birthday party. Orrrr...would he get into a party that was themed to giving to the poor or something like that? (but then that might take a lot of planning) I say, get the kids together and go for an ice cream cone or something small and special at home.
If you are really worried about the presents, you could talk it over and see if Blake is open to giving to someone else. The gifts could be earmarked for giving as gifts for the poor for Christmas. The invitation could be worded that way. A kid could really feel pretty good about dropping off a bunch of gifts as a donation to some charity.
One other thing you could do as part of your school day, is have the boys plan a party and execute it themselves.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Suzie Soda said...

I love all your mom 's ideas. I do agree...if you promised, you should follow through. That itself is worth alot. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-