- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, November 21

Party

Tonight Jack went to his first teen/tween movie party. He was nervous and so was I. He is growing up and I am getting old. We are now on to the driving, to and fro at night.

This was so great for Jack, he has been missing having friends here. The party started off a little hard for him, but once the movie started he relaxed. After the movie they played murder in the dark, which he said was really fun. {I am not to sure what to think about this game. I too have fun memories of playing this game...hmmmm} As we were driving away from the house we both saw a shooting star ...in unison ooh..ahhhh. It was cool to see something like that with him!
Jack prepared some special treats for the party. He made "Banana Bars with Brown Butter Frosting", but he decided to add orange zest to the bars and the frosting. Delicious! This was his own idea. Jack likes to put a little edge into his bakery goods.

______________________________________________________


Just a funny note about Jack. The other night I was putting Claire to bed. Skip had already tucked Sam and Blake into bed. Now he was saying good night to Jack. As I laid next to Claire I kept hearing talking. Assuming it was Sam and Blake I said, in a loud voice,"Be quiet!" It was silent for a second, then the voice started up again. " I said no talking!" Silence...for a second. Voices again."You guys I am serious stop talking!" Again the same "BE QUIET!" then Jack yells," Mom I am saying my prayers." Laughter is heard through out the house. " Oh sorry." I said trying not to laugh.

1 comments:

Cristy said...

That is so funny about the prayers. I have done that twice this week. Jumped to conclusions and my hunch wasn't right.

-
-
- -
- -
-