- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, November 22

Chillin

Almost two nights ago now, I was awaken around two in the morning to a cry of MOM, MOM.{ I know how unlike me to be up at all hours of the night-sigh....}The moment I jumped out of bed I knew something was wrong. I could smell something burning. Immediately, I woke up Skip to check it out.

I took care of the kid whose job it is to wake me up that night {didn't you know they all have a night, union rules.} and then raced down stairs to see what the problem was. My super nose was on the job. The whole down stairs smelled of electrical burning of some sort. The heat pump must be the culprit. We opened the crawl space to take a look. I was in my PJ's and really did not want to crawl underneath the house. Skip said he didn't see any light coming from under there so lets just turn the heat off and take care of it tomorrow.

I called the landlord the next morning and he got a heating guy out here as quick as he could. The heating guy arrived, I told him the issues and showed him to the crawl space door. He was under the house for about 5 min. He then said,"Mam, your electrical box is totally burned out and the motor on the fan is burned out. We are going to have to replace both. You are pretty lucky though, because that thing was on fire and it caught the insulation and some of the frame on fire then somehow it went out.

Not some how, I was praying all night {between my nightmares}. They were some crazy dreams. I feel sooo blessed to be safe. I am extremely glad we have to different heating zones. The down stairs is a chilly 50 degrees and I can stand to cook, but typing this out is a little hard . You should see all the mistakes I am catching, because I am typing with icicles.

The heat should be fixed by Monday. Cross your fingers!

1 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

That is way too scary...take it from a girl who had a huge housefire. You were blessed. xoxoxo

-
-
- -
- -
-