- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, December 30

Being Resourceful


Just a quick little Claire conversation:
MOM-" Claire, why do we take the Sacrament?"
CLAIRE-" To remind us that Jesus died for us and we can live with Heavenly Father again."
MOM- "Yes, that is right. What do we think of when the sacrament is being passed?"
CLAIRE-" ...about Jesus and that he gave us the scriptures and panties!"

She is a bit confused, but she loves her panties.

As I was taking a shower today, Claire sat on a step in my bathroom and sang Christmas Carols to me. She must have sung for ten minutes. She covered all the favorites and asked me after every single one," How was that?"{Will I ever get a shower in peace again? I mean when you have shampoo in your hair, you don't want to critique a Christmas concert.} Anyway, as I stepped out of the shower there was Claire wrapped up in a baby blanket for her dress with a crown made from two of my head bands on her head singing 'Joy to the World' with all her might.... into a tampon. A girl needs a microphone. I guess you take what you can find depending where you are. The girl is resourceful!



5 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Claire is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm posting this here because I know that Mom reads this and I still can't leave comments on her blog.

We missed everyone for Christmas Eve. We started having people over on Christmas Eve about 12yrs ago. When we moved closer to family, it became just a Family thing. My girls said it just didn't feel like Christmas. I don't know how everyone else feels, but to us it's become a very important part of our holiday celebration. I don't know if we will ever go away and not do Christmas Eve at our house again. It did work out, because today I went to the doctor and found out that I have a sinus infection and Bronchitis. Merry Christmas, We love our family and even if it is loud, with lots of people and many kids, and Shane needs to take his anxiety meds, we love all of you and missed you all this year.

And I agree with Libby. Clarie is awesome. I love that to her I'm awesome. She really makes me feel good about myself....I wish we lived closer....I'm glad that I get credit for those great panties, tell her we always have treats for a job well done.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know....I sent Riley off to her 1st church dance. I almost called you but, its 11:49 your time. She didn't want to go but her best friend Amber's mom is making her go, so Riley said she would go with her. I'm so glad I didn't have to be the bad mom this time.
Amber had a new dress and shoes and Riley was mad that she didn't take me up on my offer a couple of weeks ago to get a new dress for the holidays. Live and Learn on her part I guess.
It brought back many memories of getting new outfits for the NEW YEARS EVE dance. Having dad take us out getting dresses and shoes....Having mom do our hair, hot-rollers, I almost made Shane go out and get some for Riley... Your right in 2months and 10days I'm old for sure.....

Laurene Ross said...

I hope Riley has fun! Happy New Year!

Suzie Soda said...

She is too cute. I am glad she found another good use for the tampon......to be continued at recipe club.

-
-
- -
- -
-