- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Sunday, December 28

Growing Old

It has been said that "Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened." While I realize that forty is the new thirty, I don't think my body got the memo. A day after playing two games of competitive two on two basketball with some friends and a semi tough game of 21, I feel like some one took a two by four to my body and beat me to a pulp. Not to mention the huge scrapes and bruises on my hands and shins from biffing it on the asphalt.{I play to win baby! It's all about sacrifice!} When I woke up this morning I could barely walk.


______________________________________________________________


On to my twelve year old. Today he passed the Sacrament for the first time. I just watched in amazement. He received the priesthood last week and ever since then he said he has felt stronger and lighter than air all at once. I think watching your children mature in the gospel and their relationship to Christ is one of the most gratifying things a parent can experience. I sometimes get flack for my choices that I make in terms of schooling or what I let my children watch or read, but I have found it to work out so far. I know we have a long way to go and I am just barely dipping into that world that is teenagers, but I trust the Lord is my guide and he will help me to navigate the way.

Jack is by no means perfect and neither am I. I do know however, that he knows I love him and that his Heavenly Father loves him. He is loving priesthood and excited about the youth temple trip this Friday. He was so worried that he might not pass the Bishop's interview. He came out all smiles that he passed. I knew he would, really there was no question in my mind.

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

So cute..it is refreshing to find a 12 year old that is not corrupted yet and still so sweet. He is a good example as your oldest to your younger children. I loved to see him pass the sacrament. You have a nice family. And that little Claire is too, too cute. I love her new hairdo's with all the fun barrettes.

Marissa said...

We love Jack Frost! And Mick too - I would've schooled your 40-year-old behind on the court. :)

Laurene Ross said...

I have two words for you. " BRING IT!"

Brossettelewis said...

Rich thinks he is looking more and more like Matt.

-
-
- -
- -
-