- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, December 25

Twas The Night Before Christmas



We had a relaxing Christmas Eve at the Romans house enjoying an antipasti dinner. Thank you Denton for your culinary delights and Marissa/Sammy for your good looks. The kids loved the crafts and the short Nativity Vid at the end. Claire is still wanting more movies about Mary and the Baby Jesus. It seems she can never get enough.

We love the all the Romans and the Ashtons they are our family away from family.


We also had one last caroling gig on Christmas Eve which made the evening pretty special.


We have a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve. The kids are dying all day to open their gift. Claire was so excited about her Tea set that as she was laying in bed that night before she went to sleep, she sat straight up and said,"I just have to look at my tea set...oh, I love my tea set!"

The boys were just as pleased with their Lego's and books. I love how excited they are to give each other presents that they know the others will love.

___________________________________________________________

After we returned home from the Romans the following conversation was had with Claire:

MOM-"Claire time to get ready for bed, Santa is coming to our house."

CLAIRE-{Said in a very serious tone,}" I don't want Santa to come to my house."

MOM-" But Claire Santa is going to bring you toys."

CLAIRE-" I don't want any more toys . I have my own toys."

MOM-" Santa will bring you new toys. You want Santa to come don't you?"

CLAIRE-{almost in tears now}"I have enough toys and I have my tea set. I don't want Santa to come. NO!"

I changed the subject......... Christmas Morning this is the conversation.

MOM-" Claire wake up Santa Came."

CLAIRE-{Her eyes open big with the look of fear.}" Santa?"

MOM-" Yes, he came and then he left the house and left you some toys."

CLAIRE-" Santa's not here, but he left toys?"

MOM-" Yes! Let's go see what he left for Claire."

CLAIRE-{Total change in her countenance, smiling says,}" Okay, let's go downstairs, but I need to bring my tea set.

The girl is terrified of Santa, but like any normal child is happy for some free toys!

0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-