- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, December 25

Christmas Came Too Early

I am sure many people can relate to me when I speak of how utterly tired I am this Christmas Day Eve. It doesn't help that I did not get a wink of sleep last night. This is the first year, of which I am sure there are more to come, where my beloved children would not stay asleep. Excitement, it seems, could not be contained long enough for them to get the required 8-10 hours of sleep that they need. I think they may have slept for 2-3 hours, just long enough for Santa to come and do his thing.

Around 4:30 am they just all got up and went into Sam and Blake's room and played. I am not sure what they played, but they were awake so I was awake. They played in that room till 6:30 at which time they mistakenly thought it was 7:00 am. I told them," Jack's clock was wrong and they still had a half an hour till their Dad would rise from the ashes."They were so bummed murmuring" We are so bored . There is nothing to do. We have been in this room for hours." To which I replied," It is boring at 4:30 in the morning that is why we SLEEP then. I will see you in a half an hour!"

Finally I forced Skip from his Sleep???? Funny how that works. We all came down to see what Santa had brought.


After the trauma that is Santa was over, Claire was tickled pink about what the big man had left her.

I love to watch Blake open gifts he is just so happy about everything he finds under the wrapping paper. He is never disappointed and neither am I when I watch his face.
You can tell by his face Sam is constantly thinking. I am never sure if he likes what he received or if I missed the mark. He assured me when he went to bed that he was extremely happy with this Christmas day. Sam has a sort of poker face so you never know.
This was the year of books for Jack. He is slowly transitioning from boy to teen and toys are being pushed out of the picture. I think this makes Jack sad in a way, yet happy at the same time. He got this robe which he loved and wore it all day long!

Not to be left out Skip and I had a great Christmas too! I received a beautiful purse with the theme from my favorite movie"HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" Thank you Aunt Maryann, Claire has taken it over and is thrilled with it. Skip is hopefully going to enjoy racquet ball with all the new gear he got!
A highlight of the day was talking to Skip's family via the web. This was so awesome! What a wonderful tool the Internet can be. We loved seeing all of you even though we couldn't talk to you. Our audio out didn't work for some reason, but we could hear you and that was great.

That was our day excluding all the tantrums and break downs that four tired children and their mom seem to have when they go without proper rest. Sorry no pictures or vid of those. Now I must get some rest. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the purse. I thought you could carry it, the next time you went out with Suzie (if you could get it away from Claire).
I've been sick since Monday. Traveling without being able to talk was fun and my voice is still not great.
Sorry I couldn't talk yesterday, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to talk. Tell the kids "Merry Christmas" and we miss you....
Maryann

Dad's Thoughts said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the video conference! They are awesome.

-
-
- -
- -
-