- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, December 26

If you jump the house will shake...If the house shakes????

What happens when you mix Kung Fu Panda, wood floors, a house built on pylons and three boys doing the dishes?

You guessed it, a broken Christmas platter. Frustrating? Yes! Did I yell? No, I found my inner peace and did some deep breathing. Does this platter have some deep sentimental meaning? Only if finding a really good deal counts as sentimental. I bought this platter at Target after Christmas four years ago. I was feeling pretty good since I purchased it for $4.00. I never was able to use it since we packed up that next Dec. and moved out here.

And here it has set in the bottom packing box for three Christmas's. I decided after great thought and contemplation I would unload as much of the boxes that I might need and store the rest in a closet.{ I was also having a party. This was not the first party I have had in this house. I was sick of looking like the renters we are.} This was two weeks ago. The kitchen looks much better, but I only used this four dollar platter once. Was it worth the money? The bigger question; was it worth the storage?


Sometimes we keep all our nice dishes put away, on display, or wrapped up nice and safe in packing boxes for two years only to use them on very special occasions. I have always been of the school that you should use your nice dishes more often and enjoy them. This cements this thought!

Which comes to this little jewel. Eye catching don't you think. It adds Christmas joy to all who gaze on it. I acquired this beauty for free. {GASP!} I know, I know you are wondering what kind of deal hunter goddess are you. Can anyone say "White Elephant?" It is true I happened on it only by pure destiny. What can I say I am blessed with that certain something that allows me to come into good fortune. The boys love it! What do you think?.....{It's a candy dish in case you were wondering}


0 comments:

-
-
- -
- -
-