- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, January 17

A Little Sunshine

Well ,the news has been bad for the past couple days and it is freezing cold here in Virginia. { I know I am a wimp, but I like it at least 70 degrees in my house. I can deal with 68, but anything below 65 makes my hands hurt.}I know other places in the country are in the -teens, but this house is not equipped for this weather....we just got another electric bill and I will tell you it is worse than last month..... aughh!{We were heating the whole crawl space for a while.} So the bad news just keeps coming...

I thought a bit of warmth and good times would be the ticket to cheer me up. This summer I spent a great month with my family. One activity that beat the heat and was fun to play as well as watch was " Team Dodge the Sponge."

You start in the back of the field and wait for the GO sign.

Then you run like the dickens to get the watery sponges.

Go Barns! Go Mackenzie! Get'um Jack!
Run Sam! Run Blake!

HURRY! Go! Go!


Watch out Amanda! Sam and Blake are ambushing you!


Prepare to be soaked!

OOOO! Gotcha. Good shot Blake.

Watch out Ethan, Gracie will get you.

Alright, I feel so much better, a little warmer and I have a big smile on my face! I love my Family they are so much fun.

1 comments:

Lewismom said...

I'm with you on the cold Laurene! I just got home from church and my feet (that are used to being in bulky warm socks and warm shoes all the time) are freezing!
I got a laugh out of the sponge game. Dad loves the game and so do the kids. I love to watch!
I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, that is warmer than the kitchen, and put on some pants and wool socks!
I'm also going to load a couple of pictures of the trees in our back yard, from yesterday and today on our blog. They are covered with hoar frost and are beautiful. Bonus from the cold weather! Tell the kids to look up hoar frost on the internet. I found a good explanation of it on Wikipedia.

-
-
- -
- -
-