- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Friday, January 16

To every season turn, turn, turn...

Skip came home from work today and came upstairs to where the kids and I were hold up. {The house is a chilly 62 degrees. HEAT PUMPS ARE TERRIBLE!!!! We hooked up the tiny space heater in Sam and Blake's room and I read to them.} After a minute he lay down on Sam's bed. Claire came up to him and said," Hi Dad, how was work? Did those work guys give you a whole bunch of work to do." Skip just laughed. It was a sad sort of laugh and a joyful sort of laugh. What Claire doesn't realize is that she is a funny girl and..... Skip pretty much lost his job today along with 35,000 other workers that work for his debunked Company.

It is a tough position we are in, but we are not freaking out{ not yet.} We knew something was coming we just hoped the Company would be saved. Unfortunately this was not the case. We have also been in this position before and know life will continue. Skip is a hard worker and he will get another job. When is the question and where. I love Virginia and would love to stay here, but I know we must go where the Job takes us.

I also feel that the Lord has had his hand in our life and that he is leading and guiding us to where we are needed or more importantly where we need to be for our own growth. It is a little scary to put your faith on the line. I hope, I hope, hope, hope.... a job will come soon and it will be something Skip loves!

6 comments:

Lewismom said...

Our prayers are with you guys! Been there, done that and it all works out...eventually! We even think that we were blessed by the challenges that we have had.
Mom

Lynn and Sherry Whyte said...

We have been saying our prayers for you all. Bless your hearts. We do not want you to leave Virginia...and I do not want to loose my wonderful visiting teacher!Something good has to pop up! What a difficult time this is. But you are right, Skip is a good man and a hard worker...and Heavenly Father will watch over you all! We love you!

Suzie Soda said...

Ditto. I am so sad you may have to leave..but I want Skip to get a job. I was really hoping they would pull it out..Greg said they asked for 3 more days. I guess what is, is. Last night I dreamed a miracle happened....then I turned on the news and they said they were starting to liquidate today. We have all of you in our prayers. It is tough times for so many and we have to remember this too will pass. We have been here too and things do work out eventually. I know you know this and have a good, positive attitude. I may need to take you out for ice cream...or better hot chocolate. I will call sometime to see xoxoxo

Bradley Ross said...

Ezra (5) asked why the company was going out of business. I explained that not enough people were buying their stuff. He asked if we could go buy some of their stuff so they wouldn't have to fire people. Cute kid.

Good luck in the job hunt. Here's hoping you won't have to move!

ShelleyG said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I saw this on the news yesterday and wondered what was going to happen. Please let us know if we can do anything. How much longer will Skip be working? I know everything will turn out for you guys. The Lord is looking out for you. :)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about this unfortunate turn of events!! Our prayers are with you guys. I would hate to see you go...Stacy

-
-
- -
- -
-