- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Tuesday, January 13

Pets

Going on road trips with my family was always fun and I am sure challenging for my parents. We didn't have Game boys or DVDs in the car to keep us busy. I know there were books, we played a lot of car games and there was plenty of fighting. My brother Todd had a stash of the best reading material for road trips ever. He would always bring his comic books, I remember The "Archie" series the most. I would beg Todd to let me read them after he was finished. Did I want to read the comic? No, what I wanted to see were the great ads. You know stamps , Army men, and my absolute favorite Sea Monkeys!! These little guys were always lurking on the back cover and I would read the ad over and over, thinking how cool they must be living in their beautiful castle.... I know you can relate. Really what little kid in the 70's or 80's didn't want Sea Monkeys. I wanted Sea Monkeys sooo bad.

Yet another dream come true... Look real close can you see them. I was sad to see that the kit did not have a castle and try as we might we can't train them. { obviously this ad is a little misleading.}

Sam doesn't seem to mind. In fact he can stare at them forever. He received them for Christmas from Claire. They are his pets, all 50 to 60 of them and he does it all by the book. He feeds them and checks the water daily.

I thought it would be really cool to view them through the microscope. When I suggested this to Sam he looked at me in horror. " They are my pets a slide cover might kill them." said Sam. I misunderstood the relationship he had had with these little guys or girls? I'm not really sure how you tell or if there is a difference. Do you know?



1 comments:

Cristy said...

So what are they? Tadpoles?

-
-
- -
- -
-