- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, January 8

What are you reading...besides blogs?

I love to read. Sometimes I only get to read books to the kids. I try to keep a chapter book going all the time. We have a time during the day when I read aloud to the kids. I love this time we all cuddle up on my bed or the couch{ all five of us pretty cozy.} The house is quiet and they always beg me to read more. It is a good time to explore life, other times and places. We always have a dictionary in case we run into words we don't recognize. This book is Hilarious. You MUST use your best Spanish accent in reading this book and all the others in the series.

This is a gem of a book. You have got to read it. I enjoy it just as much as Claire. It has a Seuss like quality to it. The girl is simply head strong.


This is the Chapter book we are reading right now. The first in a series about a boy growing up on a ranch in Colorado near Denver in the early 1900"s. The boys really have enjoyed this.


I have learned so much reading this book, especially since we studied the Old Testament last year and studying the New Testament this year. I just have hard time when I read it before I go to sleep { this is the time I read} my dreams go crazy.



I am teaching what is commonly called "The Civil War" and this book has really opened my eyes. I recommend it highly. This summer I read Shelby Foote's first volume about the Civil War " Civil War: a Narrative: Fort Sumter to Perryville" It was pretty tough for me and I had to take many, many notes, but it was excellent.

What are you reading? Any recommendations?


4 comments:

Cristy said...

We havent read any of Skippyjonjones. If only I had read your post earlier. I turned in the book order yesterday.
We read about everyday with the kids and recently started reading a chapter book about a girl with a horse. The girls love it that we use a book mark.
Did you read that book I recommended a while back? Three cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen. Thats the last book I read I think.

Laurene Ross said...

I read "Three Cups of Tea." I loved it!!!! We are now working on a way to make money to help women and children through out the world.I will let you know when that comes together.

Suzie Soda said...

My friend Leslie in a Lienemann..she is coming to recipe club. xoxoxo

Ashton said...

We love the chapter book we are reading now... "Carry On Mr. Bowditch". We liked "Little Britches" too!

-
-
- -
- -
-